Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting sleeved in a few hours

Good luck 🙏

Good luck today, prayers for a speedy recovery :)

Let us know how it goes!

Good luck, and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Thank you everyone.
Surgery was Thursday morning and now it's Saturday morning. Thursday was relatively pain-free because of the drugs they gave me. I was up and walking quite a bit around the halls at a pretty good rate. Thursday night was kind of miserable. Was not able to walk nearly as much and I got behind on my nausea medicine. Doctor let me go home on Friday afternoon. Relatively comfortable but it's a challenge to control the nausea. The pain isn't really much to speak of and I'm surprised by that. I have no appetite. I slept in the recliner because I was afraid to lay down due to the nausea. I would say that's my biggest challenge right now certainly not the pain. I did not seem to get the shoulder and back pains from the gas as other people have spoke of. The doctor said that it is not a consistent thing and some people do some people don't get it.
So far the whole process is much easier than I expected and I would encourage anybody with the same fears and trepidations that I had to try and work past them. I know I'm at the beginning of my journey but the scariest part is behind me and of course there's no turning back now. Still feeling excited.

"I'm praying for you.You made the right decision you going to see how the pounds going to come off. You are going to be beautiful woman. Keep me posted God bless!!!

Thank you for the prayers and thoughts Maxine. I hope I don't become a beautiful woman as I am a rather enormous hairy man. But your encouragement means the world to me. I am blessed.

Thank you for the prayers and thoughts Maxine. I hope I don't become a beautiful woman as I am a rather enormous hairy man. But your encouragement means the world to me. I am blessed. [emoji2]

Ha ha ha - your response made me burst out laughing!!! Praying for your health as well!

2 hours ago, pwrtp said:

Thank you for the prayers and thoughts Maxine. I hope I don't become a beautiful woman as I am a rather enormous hairy man. But your encouragement means the world to me. I am blessed. emoji2.png

😂 that was a nice chuckle.

Congrats! Here's to a new you! 😊

I just woke up this morning and I did not take any pain medicine or nausea medicine before I went to bed or during the night. So I would say that there's some progress there. I'm not trying to be a hero but just trying to understand my body's needs. I need to also sort out some strange smells that I'm sensing. I'm wondering if my new body is changing in other ways such as a sense of smell.
I ate some Jell-O yesterday much too quickly and discovered the awful feeling of putting in too much too fast. The pain lasted about 10 minutes before it passed. It just happened thoughtlessly. I'm going to have to remember that. I've been able to sip about two ounces of broth with no troubles.
My doctor prescribed Heparin shots that I have to give myself twice a day as a blood thinner for a week. It's mentally challenging but no big deal once you just go for it and jab the needle in your stomach.
I was able to watch a YouTube video of the entire procedure that was posted a few years ago last night. I certainly couldn't do that before the procedure on myself but found it extremely fascinating and helpful being able to watch it after the fact. It certainly puts my mind at ease on how the whole operation is done and the reliability of it. It's probably a guy thing.
I hope these posts help anybody else as people who have posted in the past have help me get to this point. I'm happy to share as others have shared for me. Still feeling blessed.