Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys!

Starting weight: 160kg
Surgery weight:150kg
Current weight as of 8th of March: 138kg

Height 164cm

I am new to this site, so i will start with a little about me. I am currently a 24 year old student in Victoria Australia. I am completing my Bachelor of Engineering (Civil & Structural) and looking for either work experience or a job (It's so hard to find a job).

The main reason i decided to have a gastric sleeve was that i wanted something better for my life. from experiences of other people on other non-weight and weight related problems i knew that my weight was not helping me with life in general. I wish i made this decision earlier in my life. other reasons include:

• felt like i was being looked at in public for my weight. I would sweat a lot and it would be really embarrassing so i would wear jumpers to hide the sweat even though it was hot.
  • hard to make new friends (even though everyone i am friends with say i am one of the best friends they have ever had)
  • hard to be taken serious with job interviews. since i am entering professional working environment i wanted to be respected
  • Always been single and i am ready for a relationship. I want to be serious and in the future have children before i reach an age that makes it hard for me to play with my kids.
  • wanted to get back into sport. absolutely love my sport, played heaps when i was young. Even though i was overweight i was fit for my size.

that's just a few reasons, Im sure many people are exactly the same and more!

I am currently 4 weeks post op and everything is going fine apart from when i eat too quick. then my stomach rejects the food and up it comes! Not a good feeling! But on the bright side of things i am losing weight, clothes are beginning to become loose by the day and i feel more energetic.

I am currently looking for a buddy/buddies to enjoy the journey with, through the highs and lows. It would be amazing to have someone you can go to that understands what you are going through! I am lucky to have two of the most caring parents in the world who care a lot about me but sometimes its too much! (they are italian and they are always over the top, I don't like being annoyed haha). Anyway i think that is all from me. if anyone else is looking for a buddy please tell me about you and your experience/s

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches