Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My personal VSG journey take 2

Rather than long winded responses, I feel that long winded videos explain stuff better.

You look alot more cheerful! Thanks!

16 minutes ago, Berry78 said:

You look alot more cheerful! Thanks!

I feel a lot better..Energy level still pretty iffy.

8 hours ago, TheBomb64 said:

Amazing my friend
I'm 8 weeks post op and everything you have said on your videos are correct
Keep it up

Thanks man,

I try to keep it real honest. This is a major life choice and you need to go into it well informed and educated and dont need anyone blowing smoke up your ass.. Too many less than moral doctors out there.

Hey Man, love the videos, I can relate to you in so many ways. Good luck with everything! I am 4 months out and very happy I had the surgery. It is hard work, but I am up for the challenge. Dr. Bertha really is the best, he is also my surgeon..... he did my lap band back in 2008 and my sleeve last year. I will keep an eye out for more video updates.

Good Luck!

3 minutes ago, LeaninLanc said:

Your vlogs are inspirational! I'm just three days post-op. Is there any way within this app to make sure I don't miss the next episode?

subscribe to my Youtube channel it should notify you when I upload a new video.

Omg I love your videos and even though I'm a woman can relate . I too worked out ferociously last ten years running half marathons , cf etc only to either lose minimal weight and gain it back ot lose nothing . It was so hard for me to justify surgery as well because all my blood work was normal . Bounce ad around up and down between a Bmi of 32 to 37. Broke my ankle last May and instantly gained 30lbd just from lack of exercise and knew something had to be done . I was sleeved March 2 just few days after you ! lol you did scare me in our video though about the post op food . Ten days post op my food plan goes to stage 1 soft foods . I did eat a soft banana which is on at and went down fine but then watched your video and got nervous and rechecked my list lol. Thank you for your candidness ! Huge fan of your videos !

39 minutes ago, sally628 said:

Omg I love your videos and even though I'm a woman can relate . I too worked out ferociously last ten years running half marathons , cf etc only to either lose minimal weight and gain it back ot lose nothing . It was so hard for me to justify surgery as well because all my blood work was normal . Bounce ad around up and down between a Bmi of 32 to 37. Broke my ankle last May and instantly gained 30lbd just from lack of exercise and knew something had to be done . I was sleeved March 2 just few days after you ! lol you did scare me in our video though about the post op food . Ten days post op my food plan goes to stage 1 soft foods . I did eat a soft banana which is on at and went down fine but then watched your video and got nervous and rechecked my list lol. Thank you for your candidness ! Huge fan of your videos !

Thank you so much. I can assure you making the decision to get surgery was no easy task for me. It took tons of soul searching to realize it was my end game and only move left. Im glad you're doing well and so jealous your surgeon lets you progress that fast, mine has me on liquids for 21 days post op...After that I can progress to tuna and soft fish and what not. I was drinking a ton but the PA in my surgeons office keeps scaring the crap out of me and telling me to slow down, cause I can pop a staple. I dont think its as easy as she makes it out to seem..But Im better off just listening to them. My freind's mom didn't listen to her doctors and died as a result of complications from the surgery and that has always been in the back of my mind..

Exactly 2 weeks post op and my 43rd birthday. Figured I would post a picture of the scale from the morning before surgery and this morning. All weights as always are first thing in the AM in my birthday suit !!!!

e6448045-6261-4556-91ff-e2a24e26e8a7.jpg

That is amazing! Congrats!