Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reading you story's gives me hope!

Hello,

I'm 40 6'4" 425. I have lost 20 the first month! Trying to hit the weight the dr wants me to get too. I have not had my surgery yet. I'm doing this for lots of reasons. I have have a couple of questions for people.

1. Has anyone on here been told there losing to much weight too fast?

2. Anyone regret getting it done?

3. What's the biggest change to happen to you?

4. Anyone have huge personality changes?

5. Any truth to the roomer a guy gets a bigger man hood?

I would like to get back into the dating seen but have not in years due to my size.

Thanks for the help.

Brent. ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1488762547.365853.jpg

Hello,

I'm 40 6'4" 425. I have lost 20 the first month! Trying to hit the weight the dr wants me to get too. I have not had my surgery yet. I'm doing this for lots of reasons. I have have a couple of questions for people.

1. Has anyone on here been told there losing to much weight too fast?
2. Anyone regret getting it done?
3. What's the biggest change to happen to you?
4. Anyone have huge personality changes?
5. Any truth to the roomer a guy gets a bigger man hood?

I would like to get back into the dating seen but have not in years due to my size.

Thanks for the help.

Brent. ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1488762547.365853.jpg.122a3b12a8d80479337d2106a5fb32d5.jpg

Hey Brent!
Good for you for accepting the journey! I have not had surgery yet, I'm due to have mine done on March 16th. I can't really answer some your questions from a personal standpoint (because I'm a female) but I can say- my sister had the surgery done and our family saw a MAJOR improvement in her personality. She's so much more positive and holds conversations better than before, she has so much more self confidence as well. As far as the "man hood" rumor, there are some factual explanations to this (I work in the medical field). I dated a guy where we had no problems in this area and then we broke up, but got back together a year or two later. He had picked up quite a bit of weight in the interim & when the time came he was much smaller than I recalled. I asked one of the physicians I work with about it and it was explained to me that as the additional fatty tissue is added on the male can only erect so far past that. His "man hood" is always the same length, but depending on how much tissue is there only so much can be exposed. So once those fatty layers are gone.....you do the math! :)
Hope I have been of some help & good luck with ur journey!

http://www.manrepeller.com/2016/12/weight-loss-surgery-stories.html

I was featured in this weight loss story. This will help a lot!
Best of luck in your journey! God bless [emoji1317][emoji173]️

I am 7 weeks out and havn'the regretted one minute. One of the things that has surprised me is I now notice how much people eat. Way more than is needed. I Ave lost 40 pounds and my doc seemed pleased with my progress. Be sure to get your Protein.

I'm 3 months out and have not regretted having the surgery at all. My only regrets is that I wish I had done it sooner. I have lost a total of 75 lbs since December 7, 2016. I have my 3 month follow up Wednesday and am looking forward to what the Dr says. My self confidence is higher than it has ever been. Good luck!

I am less than a week out and don't regret it so far. It is going much better than I thought, no problems at all. So I can answer some of your questions.
No regrets, I am a little crabby but time will tell. I have been as heavy as 325 and lost 100 pounds about 20 years ago and yes your​ man hood gets "bigger". It's not that anything gets larger rather the fat at the base of your unit shrinks exposing more of it making it appear larger so you don't bottom out so quickly. I hope I don't get in trouble for saying that.

Congratulations for taking on this journey!!!

I'm 39, 6'2" highest was 492 lbs. I am down to 339lbs. My surgery was on Oct 18, 2016.

Never been told I was losing too much too fast. Told I was right on track.

No regrets. The weight loss is so inspiring and encouraging after years of limited weight loss.

My biggest change has been my commitment to success and focus on me. I plan my meals, I've started cooking again and I'm learning on a regular basis.

No personality changes. I am happier and people tell me I smile more often. I am more into my appearance and I am slower getting dressed. I enjoy wearing clothes again!!!

Manhood is about the rest of you getting smaller, thus you appear larger. Bottom line is more enjoyment.

Make sure that you are doing this for you and not for others.

Stay focused on your goals and the rest will follow. Enjoy the process!! This is life changing and very much about the transformation that many people reference.