Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Introduction..Just saying hello!

Hi! Welcome! I'm in the early stages of the process. Nutrition and Behavioral health have given me the ok. :-)

I've lost 35 lbs. So far, but it hasn't been easy. The pain just went away completely this week and my mood swings have finally stopped. I'm finally feeling back to normal now...actual better than normal. My energy level this week had been through the roof! How has your journey been so far?

A stall is when your body holds onto weight because it is afraid it is going into starvation mode. There are certain things one can do to break stalls. It's nothing to worry about and they are completely normal. It's just the body's safe guard mode being activated while it adjusts to things after surgery.

I'm doing good I think. I've lost 30 pounds since my surgery and 43 all together. I'm still on puréed foods. I don't eat food a whole lot. I focuse on my Protein and Fluid intake. I get the Protein in but the fluids have been tough. I've noticed it slowly getting better. Hate I've hit this stall (been 2 weeks now) but I know my body needs to adjust. My sister had it done 5 years ago and lost 150 pounds and managed to maintain it. I text her a lot.

Vee..Kim pretty much said what a stall is. You'll hit them and it's normal. Like someone else said it's like climbing stairs..every now and then your body has to stop and rest on a step for a bit to rest. Catches its breath and starts losing again.. Major shock to our bodies.

I'm Michelle btw but go by Mickie as well...

Kim what do you do to get past your stalls? I noticed if I get closer to my Fluid amount it helps. The scale said down 2 this morning but I know it could say back up tomorrow. I try not to weigh myself too much but it's hard. Any advice you have I would greatly appreciate.

Mickie, congrats to your sister on her success and to you for your journey so far. I've started the soft foods stage now and am so much happier for it. I'm not really hungry...ever, so I set alarms for my meals and make sure I get in my Protein and Fluid too. I've been going to the gym since the second week out, but I'm just now able to start doing other things besides walk and swim.

For my stalls, I do something or eat something out of the ordinary. Many times the body gets used to a routine too fast and doing something to break that kind of shocks it out of that stall. I went through week 3 and 4 without any weight loss, so I changed up my activity times and changed what I was eating and when. That worked. The next week I dropped 6 lbs.

Kim, that is awesome! I'm going to take your advice for sure. I haven't started to workout. To be honest I'm a RN and I work 13-14 hours on my feet and my energy hasn't been the best. I did start today walking on my treadmill. I have to get clearance at my 6 week check up but want to join a gym. I LOVE to swim and yoga. I've noticed it's easier for me to get my fluids in if I do plain Water versus crystal light or anything like that. I've always been a water drinker so it's not what I'm drinking. It's the feeling of being full. Today I ate one egg and it filled me up like a steak would have. LoL. Another thing I'm trying to do is to only weigh myself once a week. My sister recommended every other week.

Thank you so much for the advice. I can't wait to join a gym. I was online looking at them tonight. I'm so very ready.