Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pause to be grateful

This forum is a wonderful resource to see and experience the progress and journey of everyone on a similar journey as myself.

Some stories show me all the things I could be doing better. Other stories, make me feel lucky my procedure went well and I am experiencing strong weight loss.

The past few weeks I joined a love yourself valentines challenge which requires weekly weigh ins. I decided to participate to increase my commitment to myself and program.

With the increased commitment, came an increase in weight loss expectations. While I enjoyed a quick drop in weight loss the first couple weeks, it was followed by a two week stall. Even though I know the right answer, stalls are always a mental challenge when you want your efforts to be rewarded.

So today while getting ready for church I put in size 42 pants. It was at that moment I realized how lost in the stall my mental perspective had become. A year ago I was wearing size 54 inch pants. I have lost 10-12 inches around my waste, but yet allowed myself to have to much tunnel vision on my results of the moment.

It was a great lesson for me to learn, so I feel compelled to share it to everyone else who would benefit from the same l insight as well.

Thank you everyone for participating and sharing, you make my journey easier and more enjoyable.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Great job and super great for sharing .
449.5 / 60 years of age
Bad knees
Last few days before surgery on Thursday
Excited to read your thoughts and others on here
Thank you

Great job and super great for sharing .
449.5 / 60 years of age
Bad knees
Last few days before surgery on Thursday
Excited to read your thoughts and others on here
Thank you

Good luck!

Very happy for you, expect to be down a couple weeks, but it gets better!

Thanks so very much . I appreciate you taking your time for support. Completing day 2 after surgery . Lots better than I imagined . Still however a long way to go

One good decision and day at a time, glad to know you are in the path for the best you!

On 3/12/2017 at 8:14 PM, Beachbum60 said:

I do thank you . Still in the clear liquid stage now but have done well surgery wise. Average 2 plus pounds a day loss so far

Enjoy it, as that never gets old. But also look for what changes need to be made for it to last.

Congrats!

Wanted to check back with you to see how you were doing . I am now 33 days out from surgery and 46 pounds lighter than before surgery
The total weight loss now is 88 Lbs since 12/13/16 my first visit with the surgeon and my surgery was on 3/9/17.
Adjustments as you stated but certainly more than worth it .
Hope you are doing well

2 minutes ago, Beachbum60 said:

Wanted to check back with you to see how you were doing . I am now 33 days out from surgery and 46 pounds lighter than before surgery
The total weight loss now is 88 Lbs since 12/13/16 my first visit with the surgeon and my surgery was on 3/9/17.
Adjustments as you stated but certainly more than worth it .
Hope you are doing well

I have stayed the same weight for about a month now, but I not worried as I have started working out quite a bit lately and I am gaining muscle. (I actually gained about 7 lbs, but have since lost it again.) I feel really good emotionally and physically fit right now, which is just wonderful. I never felt fit over 300lbs, so I enjoy being able to sweat and not have my heart race so high I have to stop exercising.

My body is changing, and I am trying to change my head to make it last... just like everyone else on this site. But I am in a good space right now, not feeling too much pressure to lose faster, or panicked if I don't have immediate results. As I know, if I stay true to the plan it will eventually all come off. And if I don't, what does it matter anyway?