Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long did you take off from work?

I'm sure the answers will vary but I am wondering what most people felt good about. I am calling it a hernia surgery, to explain my absence to co workers. My company offers 26weeks full pay short term disability for surgery, so I want to know what would be a good amount of recovery, where I will feel more normal not tired and crabby or in pain, and also not just eating liquids and I am back to "normal"ish foods...

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I had on2/13 and I still not working, I will start first wk of march

I took three weeks off work for surgery, starting the day of surgery. I'm at the beginning of Week 2 now (surgery on 2/15), and I'm only just beginning to feel slightly normal, though I would still not want to go back this week. (Getting a handle on liquids/protein and building back your energy takes time!) I'm planning to return on 3/8, and I fully intend to take advantage of every single day off. :)

I had surgery Tuesday 9/27/16 I took 6 weeks off. I felt great after the second, third week but my doctor wouldn't release till week 6. That was his standard

I took three weeks off work for surgery, starting the day of surgery. I'm at the beginning of Week 2 now (surgery on 2/15), and I'm only just beginning to feel slightly normal, though I would still not want to go back this week. (Getting a handle on liquids/protein and building back your energy takes time!) I'm planning to return on 3/8, and I fully intend to take advantage of every single day off.

Exactly the same for me. Surgery on 2/15 and returning to work on 3/8, 3 full weeks.

surgery 2/15, feel pretty good, Water doesn't taste that good anymore, or the fact I was use to gulping it down and now sipping, not sure, I'm off till April- I thought till March, but he is a stickler for 6 weeks, I have STD and time saved, so it's good.

My Dr recommends 2 weeks but told me he had some Thursday surgeries go back to work the following Monday. That's exactly what I did. Surgery 2/9. Back to work 2/13. No issues. I think it just depends on you.

Surgery on a Wednesday. I worked from home on Friday and was back at the office Monday. I was a bit tired for the first two weeks, but then I was fine.

I'm planning on two weeks, but am worried that won't be enough.

Those who went back early, what types of work do you do? I'm a nurse, I literally stand for 8 hours and push stretchers. I work in a procedure room where there isn't the option of sitting. I'm nervous about fatigue in the early weeks. Any insight from those who have been there?

Testo Muscle Fuel Think about how often you plan to exercise before you start muscle building. Developing a reasonable schedule for working out will help you build muscles without hurting yourself. Beginners should limit themselves to two workouts a week, increasing to three per week once they have gained more experience and conditioning.It is vital to limit your workouts to 3 to 4 times per week. Your muscles need time to recover and grow. The more you work out, the more likely you are to injure yourself and hinder your progress toward your goals.

ReadMore>>>http://www.healthbuzzer.com/testo-muscle-fuel/

Our surgeon wants us to be out for four weeks and I worked a half day the day prior to my surgery. Basically, wanting us to focus on hydration and creating new habits. And let's be real here. Who has the stamina to return to life full force when you are only consuming 5-600 calories? My surgery was on Feb 9 and I am hoping to go back to work March 13. I see my surgeon on March 6th and am hoping to get the go ahead to head back to work at that time.

My doctor put me out for 5 weeks, but I could have easily gone back in 1 (or less). No complications and no pain. The only real physical issue was fatigue in the afternoon, but that's resolved with a nap (which I do in my office if I'm tired, during lunch time).

Sleeved 8/31/16

I'm planning on two weeks, but am worried that won't be enough.
Those who went back early, what types of work do you do? I'm a nurse, I literally stand for 8 hours and push stretchers. I work in a procedure room where there isn't the option of sitting. I'm nervous about fatigue in the early weeks. Any insight from those who have been there?

Early bird here...Im a Financial Controller, so desk work. I would not have been ready to be on my feet ALL day before two weeks. My friend is a nurse and went back after two weeks with an appendix operation. She found that she pushed, pulled and lifted more than she should. Maybe consider a little extra time?