Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your fav vitamin and protien shake brands?

I got the Nut approval done and I have my psych eval next week. After that I have to wait for insurance but in the mean time I wanted to start some Vitamins and adding them to my routine. What are your favorite ones?

Also I have tried powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein and the chocolate is the best flavor to me, premier protien seems ok, but again chocolate seems better than the other flavors (I am not a Choco-Holic by the way, but the other flavors are so fake or thick I can't stand it) I like Isopure "waters" ok as well - a little weird but tolerable. Any other suggestions on ones to try? I HATE when they are overly thick and pudding like, by the way.

Also if anyone is thinking they will be a April sleeve candidate let me know as I would love to have a "buddy" around the same time!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My fave powder (I live on it) is GNCs Dymatize ISO 100 I have had vanilla and Birthday cake (recommendation of clerk as their #1 seller) I prefer the vanilla..birthday cake is good- just sweeter. I put one scoop in Water everyday (was 2x a day previously). It is great because you can put it in anything and it disappears...no grittiness what soever- not even in Water. It gives you 25 grams of Protein per serving, 110 calories and less than 1 gram of sugar.

Even pre op I was never a good candidate to take Vitamins. But I started taking ISOTONIX (powders that you add a little water too) I take Vitafusion Biotin gummies (Phenomeonal), OLLY womens multi Gummy (OK but I will try Vitafusions multi when this runs out. I am taking a liquid Iron, a Vitamin C chew (like a starburst) from GNC. You can get Calcium from Tums chewables too.

Good luck!

Hmmmm...do you know why he is against them? They are actually very easy to chew into like a Gelatin -liquid form. Both my DR and nutritionist are oK with it. I would be interested to know their opinion if you ever get a chance to ask him... Thx

I use Centrum Silver chewables, two a day. I like the flavor and texture, and they are very high in everything we need. I subscribe to them on Amazon.

I also love Premier Protein (vanilla) and nectar Cookies and cream.

Hmmmm...do you know why he is against them? They are actually very easy to chew into like a Gelatin -liquid form. Both my DR and nutritionist are oK with it. I would be interested to know their opinion if you ever get a chance to ask him... Thx

Most doctors don't allow gummies because most gummies contain Vitamins but no minerals. Gummies are missing Iron and other nutrients.

If you do take gummies, you'll need to take Iron separately.

I've tried 2 different brands - GNC and Celebrate. I like both but GNC more. GNC Total Lean shake 25 - I like the French vanilla flavor and Celebrate's Wildberry variant has good amount of Protein and less fat.

I used to love chocolate drinks but after the surgery I dislike them.

Edited by up4challenge
Edited Content

My doc's office sells the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury brand powders. The vanilla and strawberry left much to desire, but the chocolate was pretty good. Because of the price I've opted to go back to my old mainstay which is Body Fortress. I typically stick to chocolate flavors as those are a safer bet, but BF does have a wide variety of flavors that they offer. I've had their vanilla and it was decent enough, but I can't do vanilla flavors long term.

My old favorite was Optimum Nutrition. Personally I thought it was the best mixing and best tasting powder out there. Unfortunately their prices have really gone up over the years. For the price point I haven't found anything better than the Body Fortress brand. I've been happy with it for quite some time.

As to Vitamins I was doing the Celebrate chewables but just switched to their regular capsules. Since surgery I've had a harder time with the chewables. Just can't tolerate the taste anymore.

Edited by orionburn

My favorite premade shakes are Premier Protein shakes. The caramel ones are the best to me, they taste just like butterscotch pudding! I also like GNC lean shakes. I think the pumpkin spice ones tatse like the Cereal milk from cinnamon toast crunch!

I like the strawberry banana chewable Multi Vitamins from GNC the best. My doctor also does not allow gummy vitamins.

21 hours ago, XmeghannstarX said:

I got the Nut approval done and I have my psych eval next week. After that I have to wait for insurance but in the mean time I wanted to start some Vitamins and adding them to my routine. What are your favorite ones?

Also I have tried powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein and the chocolate is the best flavor to me, premier protien seems ok, but again chocolate seems better than the other flavors (I am not a Choco-Holic by the way, but the other flavors are so fake or thick I can't stand it) I like Isopure "waters" ok as well - a little weird but tolerable. Any other suggestions on ones to try? I HATE when they are overly thick and pudding like, by the way.

Also if anyone is thinking they will be a April sleeve candidate let me know as I would love to have a "buddy" around the same time!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Careful with getting thing pre-surgery. As some of us who've gone through the surgery can tell you, your taste buds will indeed change early on and in some cases permanently. Things you may like right now and can tolerate you may find disgusting post surgery, or worse can't take them cause they may make you sick. So keep that bit of information in mind before you go dropping a ton of money on things to only find out later that you can't tolerate them.

Protein Powders/Shakes:
I have tried Isopure powders and Protein Water. The Water is god awful pre and post surgery. Pure protein coconut water I was able to tolerate post surgery. Protein powders that I have used and still do is Isopure (unflavored/Chocolate/Strawberry), Quest (Salted Caramel, Cookies & Cream), and Dynamite ISO (Chocolate, Strawberry). Each had their own unique taste to them and served a purpose. I know early on they tasted way way too sweet for me to care for them. So I found myself doing the unflavored Isopure brand the most. Was usually just mixing it into my orange juice in the am to give me some additional protein throughout the day.

Also the unflavored did allow me to add it to stuff and it didn't change the taste or texture of foods too much for me to still be able to consume/enjoy them, while getting in the necessary grams of protein in per day that I needed. Protein powders are better in cold/cool drinks, and if you are mixing them into something like a chilled puree. Adding it to hot liquids can cause it to clot and make it almost curd, which can change the taste and make it gross honestly. But hey if you enjoy curd protein then by all means have at it.

Vitamins:
For Vitamins I've done the One a day and the Vitafusion brands of Multivitamins, (chewable types of course) and am comfortable with either or those brands. I've never tried Celebrate, so I can't speak on them even though my doctor recommends and sells them in his office. Besides Multivitamins, I also take in addition, Iron supplement (chewable GNC Bariatric brands), Calcium supplement (GNC Bariatric brands), Thiamine supplement (B1), D3, and B12 supplement, folic acid, and Omega 3 (helps with the skin big time).

I hope that my $0.02 were helpful to you. Good luck with your upcoming surgery.