Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Only 4 pounds lost since surgery on 1/30

I'm feeling very devastated. I had surgery on 1/30/17 as of today i have only lost 4 pounds. I am eating 600-800 calories, getting 80 grams of Protein and eating less the 40 carbs per day. I drink 96oz of Water and i walk 2-3 miles per day. Can someone please give me advise or support? I never expected weight loss to be so slow.

Same here. Mine was 1/31 and I've only lost 6. I get all my Water, Protein and I walk everyday. I go see my surgery tomorrow, so I'll see why the slow weight loss.

Loving Me

I know it's sooooo damned hard and frustrating but hide your scale or have someone else do it and just stick to your Dr's plan only weigh @ your appointments and you'll be a lot less disheartened I promise!!!

Ok that might work. I have an appt tomorrow. Then in May for my 3 month. Focus on the plan. Got it!

Loving Me

My weight loss has been slow also but then I thought about all the junk I was eating before I got sleeved. All the fat is stored. Once our bodies come out of the shock we have them, the pounds will come off! Hang in there.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You're too early out. Your body is still recovering. You will lose, and it will likely speed up a great deal. Weight loss in month 1 means nothing about the overall success of the surgery--it's an anomaly. Stick to the plan and in six months you'll know exactly what kind of weight loss you've got.

11 hours ago, skinnygigi said:

ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1487905941.395474.jpg

I was told to eat 200-400 calories per day until week four. I had my sleeve on Feb 11 and have lost 15 pounds. I've attached the plan my nutritionist gave me.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

This is some of the worst post op nutritional advice I have seen in print and they had the nerve to put it in a table.

This plan is guaranteed to ruin your metabolism and have you on starvation rations for the rest of your life.

I don't even understand that first week information. I had more than 200 calories in the hospital before they would discharge me. I had a Protein shake, broth and Jello within 24 hours of my surgery. I had 3 Protein shakes a day for the first week, hitting 90 grams of Protein a day. I'm 19 months out and I eat about 1500 calories a day and I am still losing. I never or very rarely go over 25g of carbs a day. And I'm not active beyond walking.

OP keep your carbs under 25 and increase your protein to 100.

How are you hitting 40 carbs anyway on those calories?

This is some of the worst post op nutritional advice I have seen in print and they had the nerve to put it in a table.
This plan is guaranteed to ruin your metabolism and have you on starvation rations for the rest of your life.
I don't even understand that first week information. I had more than 200 calories in the hospital before they would discharge me. I had a Protein shake, broth and Jello within 24 hours of my surgery. I had 3 Protein  shakes a day for the first week, hitting 90 grams of Protein a day. I'm 19 months out and I eat about 1500 calories a day and I am still losing. I never or very rarely go over 25g of carbs a day. And I'm not active beyond walking.

OP keep your carbs under 25 and increase your protein to 100.
How are you hitting 40 carbs anyway on those calories?

I am so sorry to hear this, with deep respect I suggest that you have your blood panel done to include your Thyroid checked and I suspect that your hormones are at fault here. Stress hormones specifically. Have the reverse T3 checked and find out what the ratio is with your T4. Could be off and if it is see an endocrinologist. They fix metabolisms.
https://stopthethyroidmadness.com/lab-values/
This should help! Best wishes

Wow you are getting in a lot for less then a month post. I'm 2 1/2 months post and not sure I've had even one day yet that was 600 calories. I am 300-500 calories for majority of days but now when I go to an event I may get up to 800 calories max on that day only

Same here. Mine was 1/31 and I've only lost 6. I get all my Water, Protein and I walk everyday. I go see my surgery tomorrow, so I'll see why the slow weight loss.

Loving Me

I have lost 3 more pounds since i posted this, a total of 7. What did your doctor say?

I know it's sooooo damned hard and frustrating but hide your scale or have someone else do it and just stick to your Dr's plan only weigh @ your appointments and you'll be a lot less disheartened I promise!!!

Thank you for the advice!!