Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This might sound super silly....but I keep having dreams of eating things I can't have! Is this happening to anyone else? For instance, I just woke up from a dream in which I ate an entire pizza with ranch and parmesean. Im about 40 days out from surgery. These dreams are killing me!! (I don't even think normally I could have eaten a whole pizza....)

I always have dreams like that if im fasting or restricting my calories really low. My mind gets fixated on food and i have bouts of insomnia. It happened really early on post op and pre op. If you aren't on solids yet it'll probably get better once you start having real food. Just try to power through it, i know its hard. And i couldn't eat a whole pizza pre op either but post op me swears to good i could demolish an entire Chicago style pizza lol. Insane! Lol

I haven't had any dreams about food, but i have noticed I have been dreaming a lot since I had the surgery. About random things. Maybe because I'm sleeping better due to the weight loss. As far as weird food stuff...I love to watch other people eat!! lol It creeps them out, but I'm like, please just eat it and tell me how good it is!! I just want to watch you eat it!!

I started dreaming about food about a month pre-op. I'm two weeks out of surgery and I'm still dreaming of eating. Last night it was Wendy's fries and some nachos lol.

On ‎02‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 10:12 AM, NixNichi said:

This might sound super silly....but I keep having dreams of eating things I can't have! Is this happening to anyone else? For instance, I just woke up from a dream in which I ate an entire pizza with ranch and parmesean. Im about 40 days out from surgery. These dreams are killing me!! emoji25.pngemoji31.pngemoji22.pngemoji24.png(I don't even think normally I could have eaten a whole pizza....emoji47.png)

First year I had that. Hell the first 4 months were bad with dreams of eating things I knew I couldn't eat any more. It gets better with time though. Just hang in there.

XD well I am very glad it's not only me. (last night was a California Burrito[emoji47]) I am still on the pureed foods stage so I am almost positive that has something to do with it. I do find myself craving a lot so battling with my mind has been a challenge but eating the puree reminds me just how small my stomach is, and how it can't handle that stuff anymore.

I was sleeved on 2/6 and the day before yesterday I had my first food dream about pizza Hut pizza. I knew in my dream I couldn't eat it so I just ate all the toppings(still bad). I woke up so hungry, hoping it doesn't become a trend haha. Also, I don't like to watch people eat but anytime my wife makes something I have to smell it, like vigorously haha. She's had about enough of it. Good luck with the dreams!

Omg! Lately my nose has gotten so sensitive to smells. When my mom cuts open an orange I have to smell it because it just smells like it would taste so good!

I am 15 days out and I have had a dream every single night since surgery about food. pizza, popcorn and big breakfasts LOL. Every single morning I wake up and I'm like DANG IT LOL. It's hilarious, sad sometimes. But funny. Not going to lie, I've shed some tears over not having pizza with the friends. One week post op I actually had an all out melt down and went in my room and cried till I fell asleep....to which I dreamed about [emoji487]. THINGS THEY DONT TELL YOU ABOUT WLS LMAO

Lol! Omg! I feel you so hard on pizza tears I think the second week post op I put groceries for my family away and I just started crying cause I just wanted to chew on something! But it does suck when people want to go out to eat and you can't ;_; or want to eat something you know you can't have.

I have cried on more than one occasion because I wanted to eat so bad.

I am 2 day post op, i have not had food dream but my sense of smell has increased greatly, And my taste bud are already changing, all the fruit flavor beverages taste way too intense.

I officially dont feel crazy, i had vivid dreams of eating chicken wings from the chinese store. And i cud taste it so well in my dream its kinda crazy ! Im 4 weeks out

XD I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Also as of last Friday I officially moved to the soft foods stage. It's helped quite a bit with the dreams cause I feel like I'm actually eating. (Not much but better then nothing)