Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks post out and just starting to feel bad

So I had gastric bypass on Jan 24th I was fine until this last week and a half, I have no energy, my body is fatigue, I'm just weak I don't have an appetite to eat and I just be so sleepy. and can not seem to get warm always so cold, i know I'm not getting all my Protein or liquids in cause I just can't seem to get them in, in a day, I'm sleep most of the day, I don't throw up are anything just feel so weak and have no energy to do anything and today my heads hurts so bad, any suggestions? I do see my doc on this Wednesday

How much have you been drinking?

Sounds like you may be getting otherwise sick and not necessarily related to your surgery.

Do your best to get your Water in...need to stay hydrated.

Hope you feel better soon.

I CANNOT stress how important Water is. I was the same way. You could be getting sick but you could also be getting dehydrated. I was really weak and dizzy and would have fainting spells and sleep all day. It's not uncommon, you're less than a month out. Fatigue is expected. But when you are awake really push yourself to get at least 50 to 60oz of water. You can drink tea and icies. Anything will help. Once i upped my water i started feeling better and the dizzy spells slowed to a stop. Do rest but when awake spend as much time as possible sipping liquids. broth, milk, water, tea, Vitamin water Gatorade, Powerade (all sugar free of course). The more you drink the better you'll feel. Especially if you might be getting sick. Take care and feel better

this is perfectly normal at this stage. it took me about 3 months to start to feel NORMAL. are you taking your Vitamins. once you get to solids foods it will help. drink your Water and shakes to stay hydrated and get as much Protein as possible. that will really help give you more energy. also walk. I know that sounds counter productive but once I started pushing myself to walk ( very short distances at first then increase) the energy improved. best of luck

I am 4 1/2 weeks out and finally just starting to feel myself again. First few weeks I was absolutely exhausted. I went back to work after two weeks and find I need to go to bed earlier than usual. Left sided abdominal pain is just a dull ache now unless I overdue it but enough that I need Tylenol every day. Still can't get in all my Protein and Water though. I average about 32-40 oz water and maybe 50 G protein. But all is getting better. I guess what I'm trying to say is that as time goes on, it will get easier to meet your requirements, easier to walk, not as tired etc. energy will improve. Listen to your body and try not to get discouraged by anyone who makes it seem like it's a breeze and that they are doing everything correctly so why can't you. Forums are similar to Facebook in that there's always people who make things seem like they're life is skipping through roses all day, so we second guess ourselves and wonder what we are doing wrong. Listen to your body, listen to your doctor and nut, and take it one day at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am 5 weeks post op and have pretty much the same problem, starting at around 3 weeks. My energy level cratered and I experienced frequent lightheadedness. It comes and goes. Some days are better than others, but today and yesterday my energy level has been terrible.

Like others have mentioned- stay on the Water, stay on the Protein, stay on the Vitamins. It may or may not help with your current bouts of fatigue, but it will keep you on track for the long term goals!

I am 3 weeks post op and I feel exhausted all the time. I work in a busy doctors office and it's all I can to do to keep up. I feel sick after eating. I hope it passes soon. I don't have time to feel this bad [emoji31]

Perhaps ask if you are eating and drinking enough. And keeping up with Vitamins. Those issues can make me a bit dizzy if I don't pay enough attention to them. I am years out and still have to do my due diligence . Ask your doc or nut what can be best for you. We are all a bit different. Best of luck