Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm having trouble getting my calories up and I'm curious about how people are meeting this calorie range.

So can anyone show me a sample menu of how you get in this many calories a day, please?

Or the staple foods that you include in your diet to help you reach this amount of calories?

I don't count calories. I only count grams of protein/fat/carbs. It is so much easier. Especially Protein.

I don't count calories. I only count grams of protein/fat/carbs. It is so much easier. Especially Protein.

My NUT says not to worry about counting them either, but I keep reading about starving mode and how it can stall weight loss, etc.

I know that I need to eat more in order to meet my Protein needs (I still have to rely on drinking protein Water to get 20g protein) in order to get to 60g total.

But in the meantime, I'm doing what I can to get by.

It's still early days for you so consider it a goal, not necessarily something you will achieve just yet. But, you need to work hard to try to get there because you will eventually.

I found that the Isopure drinks helped me get a lot of Protein in. They are an acquired taste so beware. But they are 40 grams of protein, no sugar, no carbs and they also count towards your Fluid intake!

But, yogurt, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese (have you found the ricotta cheese bake recipe yet?), eggs, tuna and edamame are all very helpful. I still rely on those. ANd now I live on chicken and ground turkey, cooked in a variety of ways.

It's still early days for you so consider it a goal, not necessarily something you will achieve just yet. But, you need to work hard to try to get there because you will eventually.
I found that the Isopure drinks helped me get a lot of Protein in. They are an acquired taste so beware. But they are 40 grams of Protein, no sugar, no carbs and they also count towards your Fluid intake!
But, yogurt, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese (have you found the ricotta cheese bake recipe yet?), eggs, tuna and edamame are all very helpful. I still rely on those. ANd now I live on chicken and ground turkey, cooked in a variety of ways.

I drink the Isopure. But my NUT only wants me drinking half a bottle a day. Of course on days where I don't eat a lot or when I vomit, I drink more to get to 60g of protein.

I'm meeting my protein goals most days, but I haven't gotten more than 375 calories yet.

I'm not up to eating 3 oz. of meat or vegetables with my meals yet (that's why my NUT wants me supplementing with protein water), so I'm sure my calories will be higher then. But I think they may still end up low.

I don't worry about calories either. just focus on the Protein and keeping the carbs low. I do count them if it has been a day I have been off and hungry a lot so I have had extra Snacks or meals just to be sure I am not way over. if you are getting in a shake and your 3 oz Protein at each meal you should be fine. I agree the Isopure Water takes so me getting use to. I started out by mixing it half and half with regular Water and that way I could develop the acceptance of the taste.

Yogurt can help. Refried beans/cheese if tolerated and ok by doc. Tofu (I like baked and flavored in the package). Perhaps sample other Protein Drinks and bars? Good luck. Keep trying!!

I don't worry about calories either. just focus on the Protein and keeping the carbs low. I do count them if it has been a day I have been off and hungry a lot so I have had extra Snacks or meals just to be sure I am not way over. if you are getting in a shake and your 3 oz Protein at each meal you should be fine. I agree the Isopure Water takes so me getting use to. I started out by mixing it half and half with regular Water and that way I could develop the acceptance of the taste.

Depending on the meat, I can still only tolerate 1 or 2 oz. at a time.

So I’m not quite where I need to be yet!

Yogurt can help. Refried beans/cheese if tolerated and ok by doc. Tofu (I like baked and flavored in the package). Perhaps sample other Protein drinks and bars? Good luck. Keep trying!!

I eat Greek yogurt every morning for Breakfast for the protein content, but it’s only 100 calories.

I will try the refried Beans with cheese.< br>
I don't know about tofu yet because it may interfere with my thyroid medication.

Greek Yogurt. My NUT also told me to start adding some 100% fruit juice in to get more calories. So I drink a little more OJ