Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd week post sleeve surgery what can I eat?

2nd week post surgery and haven't had any problems. I feel like my stomach can handle soft foods. Anyone started on Soups or other foods this early? liquids go down no problem. What foods am I allowed to try?

Congratulations so far! I was given a booklet with my meal plan - do's & don'ts. There were sample meals that I found most helpful. Do you have anything like that?

I was on full liquids two weeks post op. What were y told? est advice I can give is to follow that plan

I'm a little surprised your doctor and program didn't have pretty strict Stages you were suppose to follow with as you progressed through. Most programs have Stage 1 through 5... each stage represents what you can and should be doing.

2nd week post surgery and haven't had any problems. I feel like my stomach can handle soft foods. Anyone started on Soups or other foods this early? liquids go down no problem. What foods am I allowed to try?

Congratulations!!! I am at day 5 and feel the same way but going to wait until I see my doctor on Wed to get cleared

After 7 days i was allowed any soft foods. Ive been handling them well

Call your bariatric team. Only they can give you the correct answer for YOUR case. Please remember your tummy is still healing. I'm also in week 2. I have 3 more days left until I can start soft foods. My tummy has been doing great so far. No gas or nausea.

I was on clear liquids for only days 1 & 2. Days 3-14 I could have Protein Shakes (no added fruit), Greek Yogurt, Applesauce, Light Cream Soups, Ricotta cheese, sugar free pudding & Fat Free Cottage Cheese. I stick mostly to the shakes, but have tried cottage cheese on day 6 and then Ricotta Cheese on Day 7. I'm tolerating it well and am not pushing it.

Hi. I was sleeved on 2/6. As others have said your doctor or nutritionist should have given you a plan to follow. I was on clear liquids for day 1 and 2. I am currently in my 2 week full liquids phase. I have a dr appt tomorrow and should be moved on to the soft/mushy phase. Each phase is currently approved by my nutritionist and doctor. I have stuck to this religiously. Not because I think I can't handle moving forward but because these stages are designed not only for healing but also preparing for huge life changes. I am in this stage gratefully. I cook dinner for my family and sit with them and visit while they eat my awesome home cooked meal and I sip on my shake or eat a vanilla yogurt with PB2. It is a mindset that must be changed that you are depriving yourself of anything. You are giving yourself a life of good health, good eating, healthy portions, and a happier life. Change your mindset and that Protein Shake isn't so bad.

Good luck with your journey. Keep us posted on your progress.