Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a baby 8 months ago, I gained about 40 pounds. I can't seem to get rid of, it's my own fault. I over eat, I eat things I'm not supposed to and I snack a lot. I don't have much time for the gym anymore because I work all day see my kids for an hour then go to school at night and don't get home until 10 pm

I feel so down and I feel like I ruined my surgery

And not sure how to get back on track

My problem is I eat even when I'm not hungry

I no longer have insurance so I'm on my own

I feel your pain. I gave birth 5 months ago and I gained 25 pounds! I still have cravings and I still snack like crazy. Everyone that I've spoke to all say I need to do a pouch reset. If you like maybe we can come up with a plan and do it together! I'm also working graveyards so I need to learn what to eat so late at night. I've also moved back home with my mom because she had back surgery so I have a lot of stressors and I know I'm depressed! Let me know if you want to link up, I could use a friend and wls buddy who's also been pregnant after wls[emoji5]

Sent from my SM-S320VL using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah! You gave life. Nothing is ruined even if you feel like it. It takes a lot out of a woman to give life and then take care of that little one that depends on you. Give yourself a chance, you will get there.

I am in the same boat!! I had my little man 13 months ago and am 20 lbs up... I feel hopeless and depressed. My job is a high stress and limited for being active since I am stuck in the car for 7-8 hrs a day... i hve tried the pouch reset diet and it didn't work. I don't know how to get back on track. I am terrified I ruined my surgery. [emoji17]

Exercise with Little Guy. You have your own little barbell. Hold him and march in place, get down on the floor and crawl with him. Walk with him, put him in the stroller, push him, gently jog until you get a glow of sweat. When the weather is nice pack a mini picnic and blanket and play outside. Even go shopping or to the mall with him. The secret is walking, keep your mommy body a-moving, as you exercise more you'll feel better. No sugary Snacks or fast food. Remember Fast food is not Good food. Love and prayers to you and your Little Angel. And later when your babies are big enough to notice ,you'll be teaching them good food choices.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

It's been hard to do any outdoor exercise due to heavy snow and weather where we live but since spring is finally coming around every night I've been strapping him in to the back carrier and going to collect sap for our maple Syrup and hiking back from the woods w him through the field Bc there is at least 6 inches of tough crust to fight through. I've also pulled back out my elliptical and have been trying to do it in the evenings. I was worried I lost my pouch but I've literally have been eating 3/4 or an egg and maybe a half of a sausage link for Breakfast but am starving by 10. So iv had a shake to hold me over until lunch. I'm happy to know my pouch tolerance is only my fault but now to get over the stupid food addiction again. So I've been starting to keep a good log to keep me accountable

Are you still eating at a slow rate,or have you started to bolt and eat fast. As mommys we do eat fast,so,much to do,and so,little time to do it. Are you still taking small bites? or are you like one of my friends who eats with a tablespoon, even sets her table that way. Remember it takes at least 15-25 minutes for the message to get to your brain from your digestive system that you're full. Something to Think on.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, mobmilkmaid84 said:

It's been hard to do any outdoor exercise due to heavy snow and weather where we live but since spring is finally coming around every night I've been strapping him in to the back carrier and going to collect sap for our maple Syrup and hiking back from the woods w him through the field Bc there is at least 6 inches of tough crust to fight through. I've also pulled back out my elliptical and have been trying to do it in the evenings. I was worried I lost my pouch but I've literally have been eating 3/4 or an egg and maybe a half of a sausage link for Breakfast but am starving by 10. So iv had a shake to hold me over until lunch. I'm happy to know my pouch tolerance is only my fault but now to get over the stupid food addiction again. So I've been starting to keep a good log to keep me accountable

I'm not sure about you but shake never make me feel full or satisfied. Your restriction sounds like its doing it's job.

Some things to try for hunger:

1. Eat all the veggies you want. The bulk and Fiber will give you the sensation of full also keeps your calories low to keep you in weight loss mode.
  2. Eat five to six meals. ( I eat about every two to three hours) Logging and staying within your calories/macros for the day.
  3. Raise your Protein goal.
  4. keep healthy snack in the house to curb cravings - Example Salty and sweet - Beef/turkey Jerky for salty. Dannon light n fit yogurt for sweet.

Its work getting back the old discipline that you had in the beginning. It can be done.

Wishing you the best,

Jenn