Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It means you only have to wait 2 mths for your surgery! Insurance average wait time is 3-6 mths... You have go on a supervised diet and weigh in .... Meet with nutritionist.. ☺

Thats good news. I set up my own aleep apnea test. I am worried insuranve wont approve. I am.31 220 BMI 36 or 37..I've researched all thw comorbities and I have osteoarthritis and severe anxiety and Depression. But all the sites have different comorbities.

by any chance are you a soldier? alot of your symptoms are simular to mine

by any chance are you a soldier? alot of your symptoms are simular to mine

No I am not. I just was referred byvmy doctor and really think this will be a good thing for me. I love qorking out but am unable too with thw extra weight because of chronic pain.

ok just asking. I am 3 weeks post surgery (Jan 26) and i have lost 25 pounds so far. the hardest thing I find is this dam liquid diet. the pain gets better after a few days but other then that it's fine. I also have depression, anxiety and ptsd

I have OCD from my severe anxiety or the other way around not sure how that works. I am in thw very beginning stages. So nervous and lost.

what stage are you in? oh you waiting for yourent surgery date correct?

Just got my first apt for a consultation. Dr office says my insurance only requires 2 months Nutrition Counceling. What does that mean?

Kim, go to your insurance website and they should have the requirements for wls approval there. You should also be able to ask your doctors office if the are familiar with ALL of the requirements by your insurance company.

Better to know before finding out last minute you missed something.

A friend of mine had a 6 month wait, went through the entire process and had to restart as on two of his supervised appointments were in the same mont. Insurance required 6 consecutive months. He was not too happy, but had to start over.

Kim, go to your insurance website and they should have the requirements for wls approval there. You should also be able to ask your doctors office if the are familiar with ALL of the requirements by your insurance company.

Better to know before finding out last minute you missed something.

A friend of mine had a 6 month wait, went through the entire process and had to restart as on two of his supervised appointments were in the same mont. Insurance required 6 consecutive months. He was not too happy, but had to start over.

Dr office called to make my consult apt said insurance pays 100% and requires 2 months nutrition counceling. Not sure what that means.

Kiki is this consultation the first time you see your surgeon? if so then all they is explain the procedure, ask you questions about your weight and what have you done previous to loose and then they tell you if you are accepted or not. at least that's how mine went

Kiki is this consultation the first time you see your surgeon? if so then all they is explain the procedure, ask you questions about your weight and what have you done previous to loose and then they tell you if you are accepted or not. at least that's how mine went

Yes, this will be the very first time. And I have medical records of trying different approaches for weightloss.

Kiki, I had to weight two months also for insurance. Visited with my doctor he told me to maintain for two month. I was close to being a diabetic, father passed away of heart problems, 3 half sibling were diabetics and none over weight. My doctors convinced my insurance that it was best to have surgery. 1 year out this month. Lost 100 lbs, jogging 4 miles a day, passed my goal weight and feeling wonderful. Best thing I ever did. Outlaw hope you are doing well. Know you can get thru this and will be better for it!!! Keep up the good work. Kikib85 keep us posted.