Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery day is coming up and I'm wondering...

What is something you wish you would've known BEFORE your surgery?

That I should have done it years ago instead of letting things get so out of control with my weight! :-)

And that the surgery part of the experience was no where near as traumatic as I built it up to be.

Good luck!

20 minutes ago, blizair09 said:

That I should have done it years ago instead of letting things get so out of control with my weight! :-)

And that the surgery part of the experience was no where near as traumatic as I built it up to be.

Good luck!

I have heard the age thing so many times! I am 23 and so anxious for it to happen.

18 hours ago, achappex3 said:

What is something you wish you would've known BEFORE your surgery

l wish i had taken before and and after pictures of myself through my journey

measurements too

good thoughts sent you way:)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy
want to delete words

18 hours ago, achappex3 said:

What is something you wish you would've known BEFORE your surgery?

I wish I knew my insurance covered it since way back in 2014

I wish I would have known more about the emotional struggles that I’m going through. And that getting my fluids in is very difficult and like a full time job for me!

The struggle is real! I have no problems drinking, and can take fairly big gulps 4 weeks out. However, it still feels like a full time job to plan around eating, and to get all of your fluids in. I never drank a lot of Water before, so this has actually been the biggest adjustment for me.

That contrary to popular belief, if you want to keep the weight off for good, you WILL be dieting and exercising for the rest of your life.

I wish I would have known how much I have to think about food and prep my meals for the day. I don't always feel like eating but I still have to think about what I'm going to be eating. It takes a conscious effort every single day to make better choices and stay on track and I assumed it would be so easy. It's a constant struggle the first few weeks weighing all your food and making sure you are eating the foods you need to, getting your Protein, and getting your fluids. It's pretty much a full time job. I certainly don't regret the decision but it took some time adjusting. I'm 7 weeks post op now and still work hard to stay on track. Probably will for many more months.