Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost 2 years out and gaining

I will be 2 years post op vsg in May. I have gained about 10lbs in the past 6 months. I feel a little out of control and constantly feeling hungry. I did really well at first but I feel like since the holidays I am way off track and I am not sure how to get back to eating right. I have been trying to pinpoint what's going on and I am grazing for one thing. When I do eat, I can eat more than I think I should be able to eat. I was hoping to get some advice on how to get back on track. HELP!

Im 6 yrs out and just gained 15 lbs since june 2016 and im grazing....but i did the pouch reset test......its the first pase of your diet after surgery.....now im eating cabbage Soup every day all dsy for 2 weeks......protien drink morning and lunch lost 4 lbs 1st week and im halfway thru my 2nd week....so i hope this keeps me on track.....cause i cant gain any more weight.....one day at a time

Oh thank God it's not just me!! I'm 2 1/2 years out and have gained too. I think I'm going back to the Protein Drinks twice a day again as well. And going to stop buying junk. Got to get back to exercising too. Everything I was doing before and after surgery. I think I got too lazy. Strength ladies!!

Yes. Strength. I need to get back to my shakes too. I am also going to do the 5 day reset. Tomorrow is a new day!

I'm 2 years out, I screwed up and gained almost 40lbs back so I had the overstitch revision procedure a few days ago to get myself back on track! So far, so good!!!

I was sleeved 7/6/16. Prior to surgery and since my total weight loss is 78 lbs. haven't lost anything in months though. Haven't gained YET! But I can eat more and more. I have been eating junk!!!!! I'm so depressed with myself. At 191 lbs and still have many more pounds to go!!!! Do you think it's too late? Have I stretched my pouch too much to come back?

I was told today if you see your self gaining, go back to day one to reset the pouch and you should start losing again. I'm in the same boat and I'm 6 months out, I really need help [emoji25][emoji25]

How do you reset the pouch? I had my lap and converted to the sleeve. Is this the same?

10 hours ago, LACRACRA2 said:

I was sleeved 7/6/16. Prior to surgery and since my total weight loss is 78 lbs. haven't lost anything in months though. Haven't gained YET! But I can eat more and more. I have been eating junk!!!!! I'm so depressed with myself. At 191 lbs and still have many more pounds to go!!!! Do you think it's too late? Have I stretched my pouch too much to come back?

You can't stretch your pouch. I was sleeved on 7/15/2015 and my restriction has been the same since the 1 year mark.

Eat dense Protein only. Steak. chicken breast. Pork chops. Cod. Salmon. Dense protein.

Do not fad diet with these pouch resets and other nonsense. liquids go right through a sleeve and you will still be hungry. 4 ounces of dense protein will have you full for a couple hours, your stomach has to work harder to process it a day move it to the intestines.

DO NOT FAD DIET. If you can't live off liquids for the rest of your life it is just a fad diet. Dense protein is what we are supposed to be eating for the rest of our lives and if people ate dense protein the whole time instead of sliders, carbs and other junk food, they wouldn't be in the position of regaining.

You can't stretch your pouch. I was sleeved on 7/15/2015 and my restriction has been the same since the 1 year mark.

Eat dense  Protein only. Steak.  chicken breast. Pork chops. Cod. Salmon. Dense Protein.< /p>

Do not fad diet with these pouch resets and other nonsense.  liquids go right through a sleeve and you will still be hungry. 4 ounces of dense protein will have you full for a couple hours, your stomach has to work harder to process it a day move it to the intestines.

DO NOT FAD DIET. If you can't live off liquids for the rest of your life it is just a fad diet. Dense protein is what we are supposed to be eating for the rest of our lives and if people ate dense protein the whole time instead of sliders, carbs and other junk  food, they wouldn't be in the position of regaining.

I have read that you can overeat and stretch the pouch (new stomach they call it). I think sometimes because I'm not eating right I miss my full signals. Thank you for the protein tips.

@LACRACRA2

Well the benefit of the Sleeve over RNY is that a properly formed sleeve, can't stretch. Virtually all of the stretchy part of the stomach is removed. The pouches that RNY patients have are still made of part of the stretchy part of the stomach, they can and do stretch.

The sleeve and RNY are not the same surgery but people like to give advise to Sleevers and RNY patients like they are the same thing. There are some big differences. Not just in the surgeries but there seems to be a lot of other long term eating differences.

I have also gained about 10 pounds
My surgery was 02/11/2015
I find when I start back dieting I experience dizzy spells
Any have any suggestions for this
I started out at 409 and went down to 185. I'm now at 194
I'm a bit scared and don't want to gain much more
I am working out as well
Any advice would be appreciated

I'm 2 years out, I screwed up and gained almost 40lbs back so I had the overstitch revision procedure a few days ago to get myself back on track! So far, so good!!!

What is overstitch revision?

21 hours ago, luvnmylyfe5.0 said:

What is overstitch revision?

Something for over stretched RNY patients.

I thought all reputable Drs had stopped over stitching.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside