Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers Check-In

My weight loss has slowed in the last month but I think it's just a stair step before the next big drop. *Fingers crossed*

Surgery: 1/20/17

H: 5'8"

SW: 275

CW: 240

Down 45lbs, 3 dress sizes and a TON of inches!!

Sent from my XT1585 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello!

As time is going on, I'm starting to question what I should be aiming for with my meals now that it's about 6 months since the surgery.

My concerns are:

1) Can I be eating too much Protein?

2) Should I be eating a bigger variety in order to get more from food and less from supplements?

The last thing mentioned in the book from the doctor was 80 - 100g of protein a day. I've been hitting that range and at times going over with meals. I've been taking optisource (post bariatric surgery) Supplements twice a day to get what I might not be getting with meals.

I'm still dropping weight at what I think is a good pace, I'm getting out for walks, bicycle rides, etc. I just want to make sure that I'm eating right. Went through all of this, might as well keep on the right path.

I have my 6 month visit in two weeks, so I'll be talking to the doctor about it.

Anyone else that has wondered what meals should be like and gotten some answers?

Hello!
As time is going on, I'm starting to question what I should be aiming for with my meals now that it's about 6 months since the surgery.
My concerns are:
1) Can I be eating too much Protein?
2) Should I be eating a bigger variety in order to get more from food and less from supplements?
The last thing mentioned in the book from the doctor was 80 - 100g of protein a day. I've been hitting that range and at times going over with meals. I've been taking optisource (post bariatric surgery) Supplements twice a day to get what I might not be getting with meals.
I'm still dropping weight at what I think is a good pace, I'm getting out for walks, bicycle rides, etc. I just want to make sure that I'm eating right. Went through all of this, might as well keep on the right path.
I have my 6 month visit in two weeks, so I'll be talking to the doctor about it.
Anyone else that has wondered what meals should be like and gotten some answers?

I have the same question. I have been hitting 100+ grams of protein a day and I don't think more is bad is it's within your calorie goals. I will also like to hear people's thoughts on supplements vs. food for your source of protein.

My concern is guidance in carbs. I go to Bootcamp 5 days a week so my nutritionist told be to get 120g of carbs a day... That makes me uncomfortable since low carb had always been so successful for me in the past. She says that I need the carbs otherwise my body will burn muscle which is bad. I'd like to hear what others have to say about that too.

On 5/29/2017 at 10:59 AM, GrrlAnn said:

I have the same question. I have been hitting 100+ grams of Protein a day and I don't think more is bad is it's within your calorie goals. I will also like to hear people's thoughts on supplements vs. food for your source of protein.

I had my appointment with the surgeon and I received my blood work results since.

The surgeon was happy with the weight loss so far and explained that I should still be between 80g - 100g of protein and 800 - 1000 calories in order to still loose weight.

The blood work from my GP came back okay as well. I have another 19 panel test coming up in August, so that should have more detail. I'm assuming that between the meals and the optisource Vitamin twice a day things are taken care of.

Over all I seem to just be concerned over nothing at all. I am about 80g protein / 30g carb / and 40ish fat staying around 800 calories.

Hi all.

Haven't been frequenting the board much as of late. Still dealing with a stall every now and then (currently in one now) but overall doing great. Down to 240 lbs. Worked out to around 100 lbs over the course of the past year with 80lbs of that coming off since surgery.

Hope all have been well!

I am about 60 lbs down since surgery. 5'8" 275 BMI 42ish > 220 BMI 33ish. I have been a slow loser. I lost 30 lbs in the first 2 months and only another 30 in the following 4 months. But since I started a bit lower I guess this is normal. It has been bothering me since I work out intensely 5 days a week and stick within my calorie, Water and macro goals. But on the positive side, I am just about as small as I've been as an adult which is wonderful! Hoping I can get lower another 20 lbs lower over the next 6-12 months.