Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

people on instagram be like

UGH i hate some of the people on instagram with their sayings of "all natural weight loss. no cheating like surgery"

yeah, okay boo, surgery is cheating.

also hate when people try to sell me their diet plans, and detox teas.

i just want to be a part of a positive weight loss surgery community on instagram.

4 hours ago, meridianlosing said:

UGH i hate some of the people on instagram with their sayings of "all natural weight loss. no cheating like surgery"

yeah, okay boo, surgery is cheating.

also hate when people try to sell me their diet plans, and detox teas.

i just want to be a part of a positive weight loss surgery community on instagram.

You could share this article: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/13/well/why-weight-loss-surgery-works-when-diets-dont.html?ribbon-ad-idx=2&rref=health&module=Ribbon&version=context&region=Header&action=click&contentCollection=Health&pgtype=article

:)

I'll admit ignorance before going all in on surgery. I thought it was cheating too. It wasn't until diet and exercise failed due to a broken body that I finally understood that not everyone's body works the same way. My husband has a friend who switched to diet soda and lost 150lbs. Seriously. He would go on and on about how easy it was to lose weight, as he'd eat an entire box of Cereal in one sitting. My husband nearly had to physically restrain me on multiple occasions. Meanwhile, I'd be measuring out my food, running, doing situps and busting my ass and not losing an ounce.

Eventually I realized that surgery is a tool. I used to compare my weight journey to a wall. No matter how hard I punched it or banged my head against it, it wasn't budging. Bringing surgery to the wall is the equivalent of getting a wrecking ball. There's no shame in using a crutch when you break your leg, or hearing aids to hear. There shouldn't be any judgement when you get assistance to lose weight either.

It is endlessly frustrating to listen to people call it cheating, but they just don't know any better - they never had to struggle like most of us did.

LoL. Cheated? Okay fam! Let me continue to cheat my way towards 220lbs..
Some people think that bariatric surgery is liposuction or some fat excision procedure..

hey girl. I know how you feel. I am on the gram if you would like to add. my "fitness" IG is our_fitforlifejourney and my personal is glitterandpyrimids. i stopped using my fitness one for a bit because I was being bombarded with teas and coaches and this and that and I'm just not into the BS. feel free to add. I am scheduled for my band to bypass revision in april, not sure which surgery your getting/ interested in getting.

I've never had to work so hard at cheating!!!! I measure, weigh, log, count, limit, exercise, drink and eat Protein, Protein, protein. Nothing easy about WLS.

This is partly why I started a blog. We need more people educating people on the true science of wls. So many people dying of obesity when there is help!! It's sad!

People have no idea how challenging post-op life can be, but how amazingly wonderful it is, too.

14 hours ago, Middus said:

LoL. Cheated? Okay fam! Let me continue to cheat my way towards 220lbs..
Some people think that bariatric surgery is liposuction or some fat excision procedure..

oh my god some girl literally asked me on instagram "if you got weight loss surgery, why are you still fat? didn't they suck all the fat out of you?" if looks could kill.....if looks could kill

7 hours ago, lf1227 said:

hey girl. I know how you feel. I am on the gram if you would like to add. my "fitness" IG is our_fitforlifejourney and my personal is glitterandpyrimids. i stopped using my fitness one for a bit because I was being bombarded with teas and coaches and this and that and I'm just not into the BS. feel free to add. I am scheduled for my band to bypass revision in april, not sure which surgery your getting/ interested in getting.

i added you and i legit block everyone who tries to sell me teas and stuff. i've blocked a good handful of people just for their computer generated comments. also i had gastric bypass back in 2015.

Edited by meridianlosing

6 hours ago, Armygalbonnie said:

I've never had to work so hard at cheating!!!! I measure, weigh, log, count, limit, exercise, drink and eat Protein, Protein, protein. Nothing easy about WLS.

And that's what they don't get. I wish i could educate them all.

10 hours ago, meridianlosing said:

oh my god some girl literally asked me on instagram "if you got weight loss surgery, why are you still fat? didn't they suck all the fat out of you?" if looks could kill.....if looks could kill

Omg, you would have had to held me back from smacking a bitch. There are SO many frigging things wrong with that, from facts to just complete lack of tact!!

10 hours ago, jessgnc said:

Omg, you would have had to held me back from smacking a bitch. There are SO many frigging things wrong with that, from facts to just complete lack of tact!!

you have NO IDEA how much i wanted to go through my phone and put this bitch in a choke hold!!!!

I'm all for it! I'm @whomajigi, though I mainly only post pictures of my dog.

Here's my answer to that: Who am I cheating? Who's hosting the competition? Who wrote the rules? What's the prize?

Seriously, it's a ridiculous flawed concept. I refuse to even legitimize it.