Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Encouraged by My Surgeon - Feeling Happy Today

Hello everyone :)

I had my 12-week post op appointment with my surgeon today. As soon as he walked into the room and saw me he said "You look so different! I can see the weight loss... you look great!". Well, I am far from "looking great", but it sure did feel good to hear him say those things. Plus, he said that I was right on track, asked me how I was feeling, etc.

After meeting with him I felt like jumping up and down with joy! I felt so encouraged.

Next step is to have bloodwork done to make sure my Vitamin B levels and Iron level look good. Then I am to make an appointment with my dietician and just go over my daily eating habits with her and see if she wants to make any changes.

Victories so far since the Pre-Op diet 2 weeks before surgery:

1) Dropping below 300 pounds

2) Going from a size 28 to a size 20

3) Losing 51 pounds up to this point

4) Being able to clip my own toenails

5) Taking a bath and being able to see past my stomach that used to stick out and hide everything

6) Putting on my socks and shoes without struggling or being out of breath

7) Now when my husband gives me a hug, he can fit his arms around me with room to spare

8) Being able to exercise more

9) My 2 incisional hernias that were so painful in my stomach don't hurt anymore!

And I'm sure I am forgetting some things, but these were the things that came to mind at the moment.

I am looking forward to even more victories!

Just wanted to share. :)

Way to go! I was at my dr Thursday for the same checkup. I saw his smile and things just looked up for me

@sherri~ thank you! And congratulations to you too.... awesome!

Yayyyyy .... Great news. Keep up the good work !!

Kate

Thank you everyone :)

Good luck in your journeys as well!

Hello everyone
I had my 12-week post op appointment with my surgeon today. As soon as he walked into the room and saw me he said "You look so different! I can see the weight loss... you look great!". Well, I am far from "looking great", but it sure did feel good to hear him say those things. Plus, he said that I was right on track, asked me how I was feeling, etc.
After meeting with him I felt like jumping up and down with joy! I felt so encouraged.
Next step is to have bloodwork done to make sure my Vitamin B levels and Iron level look good. Then I am to make an appointment with my dietician and just go over my daily eating habits with her and see if she wants to make any changes.
Victories so far since the Pre-Op diet 2 weeks before surgery:
1) Dropping below 300 pounds
2) Going from a size 28 to a size 20
3) Losing 51 pounds up to this point
4) Being able to clip my own toenails
5) Taking a bath and being able to see past my stomach that used to stick out and hide everything
6) Putting on my socks and shoes without struggling or being out of breath
7) Now when my husband gives me a hug, he can fit his arms around me with room to spare
8) Being able to exercise more
9) My 2 incisional hernias that were so painful in my stomach don't hurt anymore!

And I'm sure I am forgetting some things, but these were the things that came to mind at the moment.
I am looking forward to even more victories!
Just wanted to share.

Did they repair the incisional hernia ??

@Sugarnspice no, they couldn't repair the incisional hernias at the time of my sleeve surgery. The hernias are located along a large incision that I had from a former surgery over a year ago (colon-resection). My surgeon said I needed to lose 80-100 pounds before they are able to go in and repair the hernias.