Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fresh in hospital in spire parkway hospital Birmingham

Had a operation gastric sleeve done on Monday 13th Feb 2017 . My surgeon is mr raj nijjar what a fantastic person he is made me feel great I'm ready to go home tomorrow . Feel good just abit gassy but apart from that feel fine would like to say thankyou to the hospital group and the team at spire for looking after me . And a start to my new journey . Will post more as I go on if anyone would like me to tell them more feel free to ask thankyou

I'm just getting started with my journey and I'm a a ball of nerves already. Congratulations I can't wait to get where you are

I'm in uk the only pain I feel is the gas they put in you it comes and goes I'm going home today that's where the journey starts I think just move around as much as. U can. Time will tell if it was worth all the stress and worry x

Wow started of my journey at 236lbs had surgery on the 13 Feb now the 1st march and I'm down to 197 lbs cuts are healing well a few more months you won't see them cool ?

Hest when's your operation ? U will soon be there ?

I'm just starting the supervised weight loss program. I have to that for 6 months before my insurance will cover the procedure. Do you have any regrets?

Yes one big one ☝️ I did not do it a few years ago I'm only 37 lol ? I'm not going to lie u have ups and downs but deap down iv made the right decision for me ? 6 months is not long soon be here and all the nerves will kick in I was the same im a big softy ? But to be fair upto now it's not been a bad journey it's just like learning new tricks with Vitamins liquid diets Protein Shakes but upto now I'm uses to it the best advice I would give is get up asoon as you can and safe to do so try get some liquids down you when your doctor says you can one big one is try and empty your bowls before surgery. And try and get of all pain relief about 4 days after if you can .and when your family cook when your on the liquid diet I just went out for abit out ov site out ov mind ? As long as you willing to change you can't fail good look let me no how your getting on with ur journey ? And if you need any information on my journey to help yours please ask ??

Thank you

On 01/03/2017 at 1:37 PM, joycey100 said:

Wow started of my journey at 236lbs had surgery on the 13 Feb now the 1st march and I'm down to 197 lbs cuts are healing well a few more months you won't see them cool ?

Now weighting in at 183lbs but got the flu ? so not feeling great at the minute ?