Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mines came out at 4 months but it's slowing down now that I'm at 8. I lost a lot! I had really thick and long hair. It's thinned out but no bald spots. Im just ready for it to grow back and better. Still grateful even tho surgery done snatched me damn near bald loll!

Sent from my SM-N900P using BariatricPal mobile app

Omg lol I am worried about my edges. I have fine hair and the worst thing is thinning fine hair. My hair falls out if I am under stress, so I can only imagine what might happen. Well this will be a great reason to buy that wig I wanted.

As I posted on another thread I have not noticed any Hair loss at 7 months out. I did have really thin hair to begin with and was so worried about it I purchased a wig before surgery. I took Biotin for about six months before surgery and have continued with it post surgery. I have been super careful about getting enough fat, Protein and Water each day which may have helped. I have not noticed any changes to my hair texture.

Procaps Labs - Healthy hair Skin & Nails (can read reviews online)

15 hours ago, j16 said:

As I posted on another thread I have not noticed any hair loss at 7 months out. I did have really thin hair to begin with and was so worried about it I purchased a wig before surgery. I took Biotin for about six months before surgery and have continued with it post surgery. I have been super careful about getting enough fat, Protein and Water each day which may have helped. I have not noticed any changes to my hair texture.

That's awesome. Like you I had been taking Biotin for almost a year, and still taking. Hopefully won't have much loss either. Good to read this. Thanks.

hey girlies, I always had perms but wear sew-ins frequently. November 201 4 or 2013 I stopped getting perms and just grew my perm out. I am terrified of hair loss and I am 8 months out. but my hair has been growing like crazy!!!! I think the healthy eating and being natural is wonderful on the hair!!! I use tresseme moisture rich Shampoo and conditioner and garnier fructise leave n conditioner.

I know that I'm a little late to the party but I joined this message board with the sole intention of finding women with natural hair to discuss Hair loss. The hair loss portion has me totally rethinking the surgery all together (even though I've scheduled and paid more than 60% of the surgery cost).

I have been taking a hair Vitamin as well as zinc, a Multivitamin, B complex. I'll be adding collagen to my juice in the mornings as well as a Vitamin D Gummy. Additionally, I have a deep conditioning routine (ayurvedic) that I follow once a week that's actually designed to prevent shedding. So I don't even shed at all when I wash or detangle. I am, however, afraid of losing my hair.

Seeing you guys comments helps a little but I'm still borderline canceling my surgery because of this.?

Do what is right for you. For me I was more concerned about health conditions than hair. My hair is dry. It is winter. I am close to the age when hair changes with hormones. I spent years as a model ncluding hair modeling. So now people can admire my bum over my hair. Still they comment on my hair. I hope you make the choice which is right for you. [emoji5]

11 hours ago, bodyxo said:

I know that I'm a little late to the party but I joined this message board with the sole intention of finding women with natural hair to discuss Hair loss. The hair loss portion has me totally rethinking the surgery all together (even though I've scheduled and paid more than 60% of the surgery cost).

I have been taking a hair Vitamin as well as zinc, a Multivitamin, B complex. I'll be adding collagen to my juice in the mornings as well as a Vitamin D Gummy. Additionally, I have a deep conditioning routine (ayurvedic) that I follow once a week that's actually designed to prevent shedding. So I don't even shed at all when I wash or detangle. I am, however, afraid of losing my hair.

Seeing you guys comments helps a little but I'm still borderline canceling my surgery because of this.?

I do not think you should cancel your surgery because the possibility of hair loss. Not everyone experiences hair lost from what I have read. A lot of people also said that the Vitamins have helped limit the amount of shedding that they received. To be honest, there is a pretty wig from FauxFro that I have been eyeing so that would be awesome to purchase!!! A little gift from me to me lol

On 2/12/2017 at 11:03 AM, Thejeweledsleeve said:

Thank you all for the information. I really appreciate it.

I had the sleeve back in 2012 and I lost a little hair....I am headed to Mexico for a MGB on 4 March 2017. I plan to cut my hair short anyway. I went natural in 2012...my hair is very healthy, but my weight is not...so imma lose the weight and cut my hair short and let me hair grow back and work hard this time to ensure the weight don't come back as it did after the sleeve.....

@bodyxo, I will never tell you to have or not have the surgery, it is a personal choice. hair was a huge deal for me ,I do mean huge, so I understand your fear. In the end, I felt the benefits of weight loss surgery, far outweighed the cons.

Prior to surgery I had sleep apnea, high blood pressure, plantar fasciitis & borderline diabetic. I'm proud to say two years later I no longer have any of these issues. I did lose some hair. It thinned out quite a bit. I now have my length back but it's still not as thick as it used to be. I have also gained some weight back (11lbs) and working to get rid of it. Despite it all, I have Absolutely NO regrets about having the surgery. My instincts were right.... The benefits DID outweigh the cons.

Hair grows back. Nowadays, we have lots of hair options. Not everyone loses hair. I used Biotin before the surgery and still today (10,0000mcg). Remember, Biotin does not prevent Hair loss. I was told it can help hair grow back healthy and hopefully quicker.

Best wishes

Edited by Kathy812