Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery February 22nd

Hi all... Anyone else getting sleeved on the 22nd?

I've been on the pre-op diet for 3+ days and I'm about to lose my mind with hunger! This entire process did seem to be going quickly, but the liquid diet has made time start to crawl by. ::tick, tick, tick, tick:: I need to take up crochet or something.

I'm getting sleeved on the 28th, but I'm on day 4 of my pre-op diet. Time is definitely crawling, and I don't have much energy to try to stay busy and not think about it. My stomach is growling right now...

I'm 5 days away from surgery, on day 9 of pre op diet. It gets easier!!! I promise! Stick to the plan, drink some broth, tea, something warm. Keep on keeping on. You're gonna make it!

Sent from my XT1565 using the BariatricPal App

Sitting on the gurney waiting to get wheeled to the operating room. Good luck!

Fed 23rd here! How are you feeling? You're a day ahead of me hope you're well. Any feelings of regret/depression ?

9 hours ago, lovexbriit said:

Feb 23rd here also!

How are you feeling? How's you sleep? I'm really struggling myself! Hope you're well

I'm feeling pretty good! I've been sleeping a lot better at home than I did in the hospital. No nausea, just pain in my stomach when I get up from sitting or laying down. Only been talking Tylenol 3 & Prilosec since I've been home bc that was what I was sent home with. Which surgery did you have? I had the sleeve. The only day I thought I may have regretted my decision was on Friday bc I was in so much pain and so nauseous. I'm very happy I made the decision today. I also start full liquids today!

31 minutes ago, lovexbriit said:

I'm feeling pretty good! I've been sleeping a lot better at home than I did in the hospital. No nausea, just pain in my stomach when I get up from sitting or laying down. Only been talking Tylenol 3 & Prilosec since I've been home bc that was what I was sent home with. Which surgery did you have? I had the sleeve. The only day I thought I may have regretted my decision was on Friday bc I was in so much pain and so nauseous. I'm very happy I made the decision today. I also start full liquids today!

That's excellent news. My sleeping is terrible and it's really starting me off to a bad day. I think it'd partly due to my anxiety issues and also since surgery my thigh has gone numb and I get bee sting like pains in it whenever I lay on my back so it really makes sleeinf hard! First few hours of each day I feel so tired and depressed and anxious but as the day goes on I seem to recover! Dreading sleeping tonight again hoping my symptoms improve so I can get a good nights sleep. I also had the sleeve :-)

good luck!

What really really helped me was a body pillow in my bed completely around me as if I'm laying on a recliner. It's a big U shaped pillow that pregnant woman use for the most part. That has made sleeping so much better for me. I think mine was like $29 on Amazon but you could get one anywhere

1 minute ago, lovexbriit said:

What really really helped me was a body pillow in my bed completely around me as if I'm laying on a recliner. It's a big U shaped pillow that pregnant woman use for the most part. That has made sleeping so much better for me. I think mine was like $29 on Amazon but you could get one anywhere

I will give it a shot! :-) thank you for your kind replies

I had my sleeve surgery on February 22 nd. I think I'm doing pretty well, I have not got nauseated or throwing up which is a plus. Still drinking my liquids until Thursday then I start my puréed food. I haven't really been craving anything which is great. Have any of you heard of Unjury it's Protein Drinks and Soups. So far I have tried the chocolate one that they gave me three different samples at the hospital. They do have a website to order off of which is Unjury.com look with the forward in trying a couple more items. The Protein is really good Count. I think the worst time that I had was getting up off the toilet. So I had a walker that I put it where I could pull it over and I adjusted it low so I could get up without a lot of pain. Today is day five I think I am doing well less pain today. PRAISE GOD!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App