Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 6 Post Op -Low energy?

Yes it's very normal. My first week home all I wanted to do was sleep. I'm now post-op day 12 and my energy is completely different. I can do things around the house, take kids where they want to go and most importantly not feel so tired. What's going to help your energy is your Protein intake. At first I could barely get 20 grams. That too has changed. If you're not getting enough protein you'll feel sluggish. So try and stay on top of that. It does get better.. [emoji846]

SD 1/30/17

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Normal, it took me 2 months before I started feeling normal. My surgeon said it was normal & some people take severl months. You have to realize they took your insides and twisted them all around! I also had a hard time with Protein intake, took a hile to get in because after surgery I could not stand the sight, smell of Protein shakes! Actually I did not like anything which is strange because before surgery I loved everything! Baby steps you have the rest of your life!!

Take it slow, it will be worth it.

Edited by marieac2

With my clear liquid diet, I am only getting about 100 cal / day and no real Protein. I have Jello legs. Tomorrow I start full liquids which includes Protein Shakes.

I want to start tonight, but I am not hungry

Hi all. I'm day 6post gastric bypass I've never felt so I'll in my life. I felt sick from the moment I woke from the operation and still do now but it is getting a bit better. I'm on my 3rd lot of antisickness tabs.. I carnt get my Protein down took me 2 days to eat a yogurt. I no it will get better and it will be worth it . But if I could have got my stomach back and money I would have lol.

8 minutes ago, pudding said:

Hi all. I'm day 6post gastric bypass I've never felt so I'll in my life. I felt sick from the moment I woke from the operation and still do now but it is getting a bit better. I'm on my 3rd lot of antisickness tabs.. I carnt get my Protein down took me 2 days to eat a yogurt. I no it will get better and it will be worth it . But if I could have got my stomach back and money I would have lol.

ugh... that sucks. i'm sorry. it's unfair, i've had zero nausea since the surgery. i don't know why it varies so much person to person.

all i can say is that from reading anecdotal evidence on this site and others, it seems like the sickness will eventually go away for you in time. but make sure you are seeing SOME improvement week to week. if the level of sickness/nausea stays the same or get worse, don't hesitate to call your surgeon.

good luck.

Snapy,

I had the same experiences and it's so, so normal. I'm out 6 weeks now and the weakness is much better. I still have fatigue, but my surgeon said the same thing as Marie's... it can take a few months for some.

On 7/21/2017 at 7:21 AM, pudding said:

Hi Pudding,

I had a lot of the same feelings after surgery, but it sounds like your nausea is pretty severe. Totally agree with Johnny - call your surgeon. They are there for you and can make recommendations. Best of luck! You're doing awesome!

Hi pudding. I feel for you. I hope you are feeling a bit better. I'm 3 weeks post-op and struggle with nausea too. I spoke with my surgeon's nurse who gave me good advice and helped me understand I am on track as far a recovery. Do what you can protein-wise and liquid-wise. The nausea meds help me of I take it right when I wake up and 8 hours later.

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

I am 6 days post op & I very weak & feel like sitting around. I try to go for a short walk twice a day but that's it. Is that normal? Any similar experiences out there?
Sent from my SM-G920P using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry! I hope you feel better soon! I had very low energy at first too because I was sleeping all the time, therefore I got dehydrated. I was so confused, am I supposed to sleep and rest or am I supposed to stay awake so I can sip enough Water throughout the day so I don't become dehydrated and feel like crap! Once I started to get enough water in me, my energy went way up! Good luck!!