Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastic Surgery?

Been thinking about you, how's it going?

On 2/11/2017 at 6:32 PM, Berry78 said:

The veins can be taken care of at any time, as it is a separate procedure to the skin removal. There are a few different vein procedures, just google varicose vein treatment to give you an idea...

I have an issue with this, but need to lose weight first. (My legs are huge, and the compression pantyhose would be virtually impossible for me to wear).

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

I had varicose vein ablation/removal about a year ago. Instead of the compression stockings, they wrapped my leg in three ace bandages. I had to keep it wrapped for a week, which proved difficult as they bandages drifted lower when I walked and I found I was allergic to the adhesive in many medical tapes. It is at least an alternative if they begin to bother you (I was having pain in that leg, so I had it done).

Remember, though, than these can recur. Mine are much improved, but the bad knot I had on my leg is coming back a bit (I'm hoping it'll calm down after my vsg).

Thank you. I had some treatment on them 18 years ago, but my surgeon died 2 days after doing the surgery, so I got no aftercare. When I was evaluated again a few years ago they wanted me to wear compression pantyhose.

I've lost almost 100lbs now so it's getting closer! Just have to find a doc I trust. (Last one said he thought my case would be a challenge. No thanks!).

6 weeks and there still seems to be some swelling. It's almost like a little pouch. Its bee nearly two weeks since the last drain was taken out. I was averaging over 150cc of Fluid when it was taken out and so far no seroma.

My MIL had drains stay in for 6 weeks because the output wouldn't decrease. Eventually they had to come out, regardless. She didn't form a seroma either, and I personally think it's because the drain itself was causing the Fluid after a while. Take out the drain, and the body stops producing so much.

The problem is there is no real way to prove that theory, so you pull them and keep your fingers crossed. Sounds like you are doing great!

The surgeon recommended I gain a little weight. I went from 170 to 172 but then today dropped to 168. I haven't noticed much reduction in swelling but perhaps I am losing Fluid I was retaining post surgery.