Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first time eating pizza!

@danaymacklin Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to purchase it yet. Still can't wait to try it though!

On 2/10/2017 at 3:20 PM, mylighthouse said:

Speaking of pizza (and I do love it), I was checking my local bariatric online support group on Facebook this morning, and this lady had posted a picture of this pizza that she found at a local nutritional supply place. The pizzas are personal size, and she said she could eat half of one for a meal and she said that it was delicious, but a little pricey at $7.00 each.

I was thrilled with the nutritional information of the pizza. One pizza has 270 calories, 25 grams of Protein, 16 grams of fat and get this... only 4 carbs!

So I looked up the pizza on Google, the name of it is Real Good Pizza Company. They have a website and a bunch of 5-star reviews for the product. If you buy them from the company, you can get them for $5.80 each, with a minimum order of 12 pizzas.

I can hardly wait to try it... going to place an order next week with them.

How do I get hooked up with the facebook page?? Thank you.

@puppyloverls3 My local bariatric support group runs the Facebook page. It is only open to local people that have had bariatric surgery here in my area.

Check with your bariatric team/support system and maybe they have a bariatric support group on Facebook in your area.

Edited by mylighthouse

I found a better way and MUCH less expensive way...make your own. Google chicken crust pizza. Basically take ground chicken, season, flatten onto 6" pizza round or pan, pre bake, then add your toppings!

My wife tried it this weekend to get used to this type of cooking, she used fat free bacon and ranch dressing (low cal & sugar, no carbs), grilled chicken, garlic and bacon bits, then low fat mozzarella cheese. She couldn't stop raving! Gonna try marinara, mushroom, onion, spinach and mozzarella next time.

I think I'll start a posting for recipe ideas!

@sleevinpopsthat sounds awesome! I definitely will google "chicken crust pizza" and try making it on my own before spending money on the pre-made pizzas I mentioned.

Thanks for the info!

I tried making this chicken crust pizza: http://www.bariatriceating.com/2015/08/more-bariatric-chicken-crust-pizza/ I left out the pepper and basil. It wasn't too bad. Definitely bake until the "crust" has been browned or it'll have a weird rubbery consistency. The rubbery consistency doesn't taste bad, but it's not pizza crust. If it's truly baked long enough and browned, you absolutely WILL NOT know the difference!!!!!!!!!!!!! The recipe I linked makes a very large pizza, so it's perfect for freezing slices! Below are my personal nutritional stats for a plain cheese pizza using Hunts No Sugar Added Sauce and Part Skim Mozzarella as 2 of the ingredients that may be different person-to-person. Of course you could add all kinds of toppings, but the values may change. Anyway, here are mine.

For 1 pizza cut into 6 even slices

One slice= 171 calories, 2 carbs, 22 Protein

*Again, bake that crust until it lightly browns and "crusts". You can also toast leftovers in a toaster oven.*

So freaking good!

If somebody starts a recipe post, please let me know!!!!!! I'd love to share and receive some awesome recipes!

1 minute ago, Karazona said:

I tried making this chicken crust pizza: http://www.bariatriceating.com/2015/08/more-bariatric-chicken-crust-pizza/ I left out the pepper and basil. It wasn't too bad. Definitely bake until the "crust" has been browned or it'll have a weird rubbery consistency. The rubbery consistency doesn't taste bad, but it's not pizza crust. If it's truly baked long enough and browned, you absolutely WILL NOT know the difference!!!!!!!!!!!!! The recipe I linked makes a very large pizza, so it's perfect for freezing slices! Below are my personal nutritional stats for a plain cheese pizza using Hunts No Sugar Added Sauce and Part Skim Mozzarella as 2 of the ingredients that may be different person-to-person. Of course you could add all kinds of toppings, but the values may change. Anyway, here are mine.

For 1 pizza cut into 6 even slices

One slice= 171 calories, 2 carbs, 22 Protein

*Again, bake that crust until it lightly browns and "crusts". You can also toast leftovers in a toaster oven.*

So freaking good!

If somebody starts a recipe post, please let me know!!!!!! I'd love to share and receive some awesome recipes!

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!! :)

@Karazonathank you for the link and nutritional info.... I love pizza!

You are very welcome!! I absolutely LOVE pizza and this definitely satisfies that need 100%. It truly is a pizza lovers saving grace! If you're familiar with making your own pizza and like a special blend of seasonings added to your sauce (I always add a little extra garlic and oregano) than don't forget to do so or any other tweaks! This recipe is really for the crust. =) =) =)

While I'm still pre-op, I've been trying out a lot of different healthy recipes for things I can't live without (pizza, Asian, Italian) post-op.

Nobody should live without pizza LOL!

I found a better way and MUCH less expensive way...make your own. Google chicken crust pizza. Basically take ground chicken, season, flatten onto 6" pizza round or pan, pre bake, then add your toppings!

My wife tried it this weekend to get used to this type of cooking, she used fat free bacon and ranch dressing (low cal & sugar, no carbs), grilled chicken, garlic and bacon bits, then low fat mozzarella cheese. She couldn't stop raving! Gonna try marinara, mushroom, onion, spinach and mozzarella next time.

I think I'll start a posting for recipe ideas!

I saw this recipe and tried it with ground turkey (since that's what was in my fridge) figuring it couldn't be to different and it seemed to taste ok. So perhaps folks really need to do the ground chicken. Will try it again with ground chicken:) Glad you all enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing.

Wow, it's a good thing ypu could eat the whole thing! I am shocked your restriction did force you to vomit. How long did it take you to eat it.

Ok, im 9 mos post op 110lbs down ans today i ate a individual thin crust deluxe pizza! I kinda feel bad? Anyone else eaten pizza and nowhere near goal? I ate the whole 6" btw...

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

Ive just had my lap band removed on Thursday and am waiting 3 months before being sleeved on may 30. I could only ever eat 1-2 slices of pizza with my band and I am assuming that your stomach is smaller with a gastric sleeve. Im wondering how you did this? Did you spend hours eating it or was it just like anybody would normally consume pizza? I'm intrigued.

Um i always eat slow, but never the less i did eat the pizza... needless to say i haven't eaten another piece of bread since... & im down like 15 lbs since that day... soo i slipped up that day...lol... my advice is jyst leave the pizza alone. (I will anyways) just a lesson learned... i usually make good choices, just not that day.

No worries - and absolutely no judgementat all. Im just trying to ascertain how much food a sleeved person can comfortably eat compared to a person with a lap band.

When I was first banded I could not eat bread or pizza at all but that changed over time. I was able to eat anything in moderation and I was lucky not to ever have to count calories with my band once I reached my goal weight- as the band just controlled how much of it I could ever eat. Im now without my band for 3 months until Im sleeved and am terrified of my issues of quantity slipping me up.