Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's day 8 of liver shrinking diet

You're on the liver shrinking diet? My dr told me to have 4 oz of lean meat so I've been eating  chicken

Everybody's surgeon is different when it comes to the preop.

I'm ending day 5 and will be on day 6 of my 21 day (3 week) liquid diet. Which only consists of, 3-4 Protein shakes a day, sugar free popsicles, sugar free Jello, Water (with crystal light as well, broth, Gatorade G2 or Powerade zero.

I'm so glad you folks are here in this group.

I'm so glad you folks are here in this group.

It makes it a lot easier having people who understand.

I have been telling everyone that I am afraid of the Pre-op diet more than surgery and post op. I am scared with out the tool of the surgery and how that is going to help me stay focused, that I am going to cheat on PO diet. I am addicted to my routine which involves a glass of wine/beer at around 8pm and a snack before bed. HORRIBLE I know, but it has been mine and my husbands routine for last 5+ years...I feel like that will be so hard to break! I am going to do it, believe me...but it's going to suck :unsure:

7 hours ago, tawnie71 said:

I have been telling everyone that I am afraid of the Pre-op diet more than surgery and post op. I am scared with out the tool of the surgery and how that is going to help me stay focused, that I am going to cheat on PO diet. I am addicted to my routine which involves a glass of wine/beer at around 8pm and a snack before bed. HORRIBLE I know, but it has been mine and my husbands routine for last 5+ years...I feel like that will be so hard to break! I am going to do it, believe me...but it's going to suck :unsure:

You will do fine! The first 2-3 days were the hardest for me. I had headaches and bodyaches which made it seem like my body was detoxing (which in a way I guess it was.) But once I got past day 3 I was fine. I have learned to drink Water every time I felt like nibbling something, and now I am at the point in which being around doesn't make me want to bite into it. As of yesterday I was down 5.9 pounds since the day I started and that alone was enough to keep me motivated to want to do more.

Use the time you would snack with your husband before bed to do something else. I promise you it doesn't stay horrible forever!

I feel optimistic that I will be fine. I know that when I HAVE to complete something to get to surgery, I have worked my butt off. I would hope this pre op diet will be no different. I thank God that I have my husband and family/friends supporting me!!! I love that I stumbled on this website...I feel great knowing other people are in the stage I am in...Thank you for your supporting comments!! What day are you on for your pre op diet?

Day 7 for me

Last week was absolutely awful, but this week is so amazing. I had no idea how I was going to stop the cravings and control myself, but I went through the sugar withdrawals and I'm on the other side. I feel like I have more energy, I'm happier, I'm more alert and less foggy headed. I feel great. Tell me, do I feel like this after bypass too?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Today is my first day and I can't wait to feel like you!!!!!! I only have a week. My hats off to you....God is good, if I had three weeks !!!! I may have went crazy.

So glad to know it gets better. I am on day one and starving!

Day one for me as well but the crazy part is, I'm not hungry but my mind have me feeling like I want to eat. I'm working on mind hunger now trying to get it under control.

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this site. I am the first day of pre-op diet of 3 weeks and fell off the wagon.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

How did u fall off? It's only day one, dust yourself off and try again. You can do it. Just put mind over matter, your going to have to make this a lifestyle. So better to get it under control now. You can do it.

16 hours ago, tawnie71 said:

I feel optimistic that I will be fine. I know that when I HAVE to complete something to get to surgery, I have worked my butt off. I would hope this pre op diet will be no different. I thank God that I have my husband and family/friends supporting me!!! I love that I stumbled on this website...I feel great knowing other people are in the stage I am in...Thank you for your supporting comments!! What day are you on for your pre op diet?

5 days for me

I'm well into Day 7. The first 3-4 days absolutely sucked for me. It was like my body was in serious withdrawal mode. I had really bad headaches and body aches. But every day gets a little easier. The smell of food doesn't bother me so much.

Day 7 for me. Had my preop diet today. 14 days to go (not counting today!)

We all got this.

Hi, I'm on Day Day 6 of a 3 week pre-op diet. Our pre-op is very strict. Two Protein Shakes a day. With having a soy and dairy intolerance, this is proving to be quite difficult, but I appear to be losing weight. We must lose 6-7 kg prior to surgery.

7 hours ago, wendy918 said:

5 days for me

I am finishing up my shopping this weekend and will start my pre-op diet on Monday. I tried to mimic a day today and was fine until about 2 o'clock. Honestly it was having greek yogurt for Breakfast and lots of Water and sugarfree Jello. I am going to have to really focus on eating a little something every couple of hours.