Hey all! We're sure you've already noticed that BariatricPal was upgraded on 2/6/2017. If you happen to stumble across any bugs or issues, we'd love it if you could create a topic here to notify us of the bug so that we can squash it and keep your experience as desirable as possible! Thank you!
journey2befit

Surgery!

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I hope you all are doing well. I am having my lap band surgery this Friday at 8:30am. I have never been so nervous and scared in my life. It is my first time being put to sleep and having surgery. I just want to know what to expect and if it's possible to be knocked out before taking me in the operating room lol. Any advice would be helpful!

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

I haven't had the surgery yet but I've had MANY laparoscopic surgeries in my lifetime and you have nothing to worry about! I actually enjoy waiting until the last minute for them to put me under because I joke with the nursing staff, anesthesiologist and doctors. Some surgeons listen to music and I remember on more than one occasion, singing along as I drifted off. Don't psych yourself out. You're gonna be fine!

Sent from my iPhone using BariatricPal

Wishing you well! My surgery is this coming Tuesday- I'm thinking of having my kids write surgical jokes on my arms and legs