Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 days (02/16/17) until Lower Body Lift - advise?

Love friends! Love that your insurance may pick up some costs.

Stella

My insurance wouldn't cover anything! I had my pre-op appointment today & I'm getting more excited! It's crazy to think that 2 weeks from now it'll be over. I just can't wait to see what my body really looks like under all of this excess skin!

I live alone, so I'm planning to stay with my parents for probably the first week or so. I had planned to take 3 1/2 weeks off from work, but it looks like I'm going to need to work from home part time starting about a week & a half after surgery. Hopefully it won't be too bad… just some light computer work. I'm just bummed that my co-worker decided that she needed to take a 6 week leave of absence starting Monday!! Oh well, at least they all know what's going on, so I should only have to take care of urgent stuff.

I'm pretty much freaking out today but trying to keep my focus on work to get through it... needed a break so here I am.

I had my pre-op appointment yesterday and paid my fees in advance. I learned how my pain pump will work and how to remove it myself on Sunday (ewwww) and then I can take a shower!! I also found out I'll have at least 2 but up to 6 JP drains when I wake up and how to drain, track the drainage and take care of them (do your bulbs hang low, can you swing 'em too and fro?).

I ordered a Faja compression garment and it got here today, All my Rx are filled and I start my antibiotics tonight. The fridge is full of high Protein triple zero yogurt, Fairlife high Protein milk and I have several flavors of Inspire protein powders all within reach of my Nutri-bullet so I can really dig in and up the protein to help my body heal its self as much as possible.

I'm going to have my wife take some dreaded before pictures of me tonight as well as take some measurements so I have something to look at to make me feel better when I'm in pain over the next few weeks...

I have some comfy pink button down PJs and bunny slippers all ready for my trip to the hospital in the morning (I use humor to deal with anxiety can ya tell?), I'm very lucky to also have a friend that is an ICU nurse and she is going to stay at the hospital with me tomorrow night since my wife will need to be home with our 5 year old.

So I think I'm ready.

Bring on the list:

• Lower Transverse Body Lift
  • Full Extensive Abdominoplasty
  • Standard Scar Revision (my gastric was in 2002 OPEN RNY so my scar is pretty ugly)
  • liposuction (if needed)

Best to you!! Smart on the preop pics I did not get any. sleep tomorrow drugs for the next few days life is good.

Just checking in on you, MxKitty! Sounds like you're ready. Hope everything goes smoothly for you tomorrow. Be sure to update when you can!

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 1:52 PM, MxKitty said:

I'm pretty much freaking out today but trying to keep my focus on work to get through it... needed a break so here I am.

I had my pre-op appointment yesterday and paid my fees in advance. I learned how my pain pump will work and how to remove it myself on Sunday (ewwww) and then I can take a shower!! I also found out I'll have at least 2 but up to 6 JP drains when I wake up and how to drain, track the drainage and take care of them (do your bulbs hang low, can you swing 'em too and fro?).

I ordered a Faja compression garment and it got here today, All my Rx are filled and I start my antibiotics tonight. The fridge is full of high Protein triple zero yogurt, Fairlife high Protein milk and I have several flavors of Inspire protein powders all within reach of my Nutri-bullet so I can really dig in and up the protein to help my body heal its self as much as possible.

I'm going to have my wife take some dreaded before pictures of me tonight as well as take some measurements so I have something to look at to make me feel better when I'm in pain over the next few weeks...

I have some comfy pink button down PJs and bunny slippers all ready for my trip to the hospital in the morning (I use humor to deal with anxiety can ya tell?), I'm very lucky to also have a friend that is an ICU nurse and she is going to stay at the hospital with me tomorrow night since my wife will need to be home with our 5 year old.

So I think I'm ready.

Bring on the list:

• Lower Transverse Body Lift
  • Full Extensive Abdominoplasty
  • Standard Scar Revision (my gastric was in 2002 OPEN RNY so my scar is pretty ugly)
  • liposuction (if needed)

When you are able too, please update us on how you are doing! Thinking about you and hoping it all went well!

I'm okay just really tired - I will post pics soon :). Thanks for checking on me!

Good to hear you are okay.. Im 5 weeks ahead now and like the VSG every day does get better!!

Glad you are on the healing path. I m 8 weeks out and hiking in the morning. From healing to hiking!

Glad you're ok. Looking forward to your updates!

I haven't gotten stable enough to take too many pictures but here's a few from the rear. ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1487436389.144329.jpg ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1487436405.019640.jpg

Wow! How are you feeling?

Like I've been twisted into a pretzel and run over by a truck...

Yikes! My surgeon said the first 2-3 days are the worst, so hopefully that means you're close to turning the corner!!

Finding a comfortable position to sleep in is the hardest for me. Here's a side-by-side of the front. I'm still super swollen especially on the right side but I wanted to share.

Front before after.jpg