Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Ariel Center/OCC

Hello Everyone!

I was sleeved at the Obesity Control Center in Tijuana and had a fabulous experience. I'm wondering if any of you have any feedback about the plastics at OCC? I just can't find any information, which makes me nervous.

I also have consultations with Dr. Campos and Dr. Cardenas if you have any feedback on those two.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm still awaiting surgery so I can't speak to plastics.

But, I'm booked for a sleeve at the OCC in March and would LOVE to hear about your experience. Feel free to pm me!

So, I had my sleeve at OCC as well. While I was there, there was a a woman getting a Tummy Tuck, breast implants and face lift at the Ariel Center. I was honestly HORRIFIED because they sent her back to the hotel to fend for herself just two days post-op. She had her surgery the same day as my sleeve and then I rode back to the hotel with her two days post-op when I had gone to get my drains removed.

I had previously had an extended tummy tuck, breast lift with implants, all-over Lipo, and fat grafting with Dra. Cardenas and I stayed in her the recovery house with 24/7 nursing care for two full weeks post-op. How could the Ariel center be sending this poor woman back to a hotel two days post-op? It was INSANE. She didn't even have any loved ones there in TJ with her to help her with the basic things like getting in/out of bed and using the toilet. Which, trust me, you NEED HELP WITH two days after a tummy tuck.

I too had wondered about the Ariel Center. I know Dr. Ortiz and the OCC is amazing so I assumed the Ariel Center would also be amazing. Bummer!

@coldsleeve Did you have consultations with Dr. Campos or Dr. Cardena? I'm about 20lbs from goal and looking for referrals for implants and lift. Those two are on my list to contact along with Dr. Camacho Melo. I've heard good things about him from other sleevers in my surgeons fb support group.

Hi! Since this last post, I actually had surgery with Dr. Cardenas. I'm three weeks out from a Tummy Tuck, lower body lift, and fat transfer. I'm having a very minor issue with my incision, but overall, am incredibly happy with Dr. Cardenas' skills and the care I received at her recovery house. Please feel free to ask any questions.

@coldsleeve How is your recovery coming along? I hope you are happy with your results. I've narrowed down my list to Dr. Carmina Cardenas and Dr. Irving Rodriguez for breast lift with augmentation now and CTT with fat transfer next year. Honestly Dr. Cardenas is probably the #1 contender but she is the highest priced of all the surgeons I consulted so it's making me pause just a bit. Would you still recommend her?

Hi! My recovery was rough, but my results are spectacular. My body looks slim, but curvaceous I'm headed down for my breast lift next month. Dr. Cardenas recommended that I get the Tummy Tuck first. The Beauty Enhance recovery house is amazing. I'm not sure who the other surgeon you are considering is.

My quote did include the recovery house with meals, compression garments, post-op medications. My quote for her Royal lower body lift was actually less than $10,500 you saw on her site. Other than those details, I didn't look too closely at that quote since I'm not ready for a Tummy Tuck just yet. The quotes are only good for 6 months so I'll have to get another from her when I'm ready for that stage.

Oh wow! I'd also like an arm lift, boob lift and implants as well. Maybe a tiny bit of filler in my upper lip because it's terribly flat now and lipstick looks odd on me. I wonder how many surgeries it'll take?