Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here just waiting for approval?

I'm sure it's just nerves, and i was told with BCBS it takes longer than most other insurance companies, but I'm going nucking futs. Had my initial dr appt in Dec, nut appt Jan 10th, and psych eval Jan 16th.... trying to wait patiently.... i estimated the max of 6 wks being Feb 27th.... 4 wks being Feb 13th. I called BCBS yesterday, and they said my status is still pending.... anybody in this boat with me?

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

Mine only took a week. I have BCBS La. That was only because Martin Luther kings bday was that Monday and they was closed. I received a letter in the mail actually from BCBS

Stating I was approved, before anyone called and told me anything. I didn't have to meet any requirements, so I'm all set up. Waiting is the hardest, just keep praying and if it's Gods Will. You got this!!!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I am still waiting for approval, I have atena. Had last weigh in and psych appointment on January 11, it took her until the 24th to submit report I got a call that they submitted to the insurance company on the 25. I called the insurance company yesterday to be told it's still pending. So I'm just waiting

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Mine only took a week. I have BCBS La. That was only because Martin Luther kings bday was that Monday and they was closed. I received a letter in the mail actually from BCBS

Stating I was approved, before anyone called and told me anything. I didn't have to meet any requirements, so I'm all set up. Waiting is the hardest, just keep praying and if it's Gods Will. You got this!!!

Wow, strengthin#ers, that's amazing!! I have BCBS IL.. hoping i get an answer soon!

Wow, strengthin#ers, that's amazing!! I have BCBS IL.. hoping i get an answer soon!

You will, hope it comes soon for you. Keep in touch

You will, hope it comes soon for you. Keep in touch

Will do!!!

I am still waiting for approval, I have atena. Had last weigh in and psych appointment on January 11, it took her until the 24th to submit report I got a call that they submitted to the insurance company on the 25. I called the insurance company yesterday to be told it's still pending. So I'm just waiting

I have Aetna too and it took about a week after they received everything. I was informed that they have 14 days to make a decision. Hopefully you will hear from them soon!

I had my first consult in Dec also. I did my whole check list. Now I found out the my primary didn't fill out my medical forms correctly. I'm so frustrated

Sent from my N9132 using the BariatricPal App

I'm waiting for approval, I go through the Veteran Hospital's coverage.

Sent from my SM-G860P using the BariatricPal App

I have Aetna too and it took about a week after they received everything. I was informed that they have 14 days to make a decision. Hopefully you will hear from them soon!
That's what the young lady told me yesterday; 10-15 days for the drs at the insurance company to review the records....

I had my first consult in Dec also. I did my whole check list. Now I found out the my primary didn't fill out my medical forms correctly. I'm so frustrated

Sent from my N9132 using the BariatricPal App

Omg how annoying!!

Once all of my paperwork and medical records were received and stress test and venous study done, it took about a week or so to get approved. I have BCBS of AL. I didn't have to have a psych evaluation but I do have a nutrition class coming up on the 8th and my surgery is on the 16th. I have to do a pre-op diet from Feb. 9th through 14th and the all day liquid diet on the 15. Keep calling and inquiring about it. Maybe you'll irk them enough to go ahead and do what needs to be done to get you approved. Good luck to you!

My doc should be submitting after my appt next week. I've been doing this since last May, so I'm very ready to move on and get past the surgery!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using the BariatricPal App

Once all of my paperwork and medical records were received and stress test and venous study done, it took about a week or so to get approved. I have BCBS of AL. I didn't have to have a psych evaluation but I do have a nutrition class coming up on the 8th and my surgery is on the 16th. I have to do a pre-op diet from Feb. 9th through 14th and the all day liquid diet on the 15. Keep calling and inquiring about it. Maybe you'll irk them enough to go ahead and do what needs to be done to get you approved. Good luck to you!

True, teeshan!!!

nomorefluff