Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long to wait to get pregnant and water births

Hey ladies,

I've been doing some research about planning my family (naturally vaginally without drugs) and I came across something suggesting that sleeved women are considered to be high risk and are suggested not to consider alternative delivery styles. Any feedback is appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Nikki Monroe

I can't imagine why the sleeve would impact delivery style or position. I gave birth to 9 babies - but all pre sleeve. Had to have intevention/help with a few of them, had some of them naturally without a lot of intervention. when the intervention was needed I was thankful it was available but for me, the experience was better when everything went according to plan and naturally. Always wanted a Water birth but the Dad was too scared. :-) Best wishes to you.

In Scotland if you have had/have a lapband your automatically under consultant care and Water births are out. It's mainly due incase band slips or is damaged due to getting compressed in pregnancy. Sleeves are monitored but not high risk.

I was consultant care for my delivery and had midwife do everything until I knew my daughter was stuck and forceps used. Nothing wrong with it, still a vaginal birth and only on entanox - no medals needed here.

Speak to your OB - we are put onto BC the minute we see surgeon as 18 months minimum is required to heal fully and get settled into your new diet regime.

Everywhere is different tho.

Fridge Pickers Wear Bigger Knickers ????

My surg said 2 years min b4 getting preg

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Same with mine.

But my plans have child of my own some days and im rather not have midwife or doula period makes me crazy..

I had medical history at 12 years old and im chosen have c-section best safety for me and baby but i had two major surgery..

But im chosen have medical help nearby hospital in city only

I would can wait have baby in years because of my gastric sleeve surgery recovery..

I have heard this as well. I got pregnant 5 months after surgery. I gave birth completely naturally without any complications or drugs at a birthing center. I didn't even get Tylenol! I got up and walked out with my baby girl 4 hours after giving birth and felt great. Labored in a tub got out and delivered on a bed. They did consider me high risk because I had a very healthy pregnancy. No issues and in range for all test while pregnant. YOU will have to educate THEM. They know nothing about bariatrics. I went prepared with papers and research on what I needed to do and what MY plan was to have a healthy pregnancy. Boost your healthy Snacks and do your homework and you can do it. Don't let anyone tell you you can't have the birth you want because you simply can't eat as much at once. Best of luck to you and congrats!!!!