Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BariatricPal Newsletter - February 2017

style="margin:0;padding:0;background-color:#d8dde8;color:#5a5a5a;font:normal 13px helvetica, arial, sans-serif;position:relative;">

Hey BariatricPal Members!

I hope this newsletter finds you having a productive 2017 so far! As the winter wears on, it can be hard to stay motivated and energized to work towards your weight loss goals, but BariatricPal is here for you! Here is what we have for you this month.

• Don’t Miss Out on BariatricPal’s Support!
  • Checking in with Your New Year’s Resolutions
  • Staying Warm in the Middle of Winter

Enjoy the newsletter, set a plan for the next few weeks, and then come talk about your progress and anything else on your mind at the BariatricPal forums! Thanks for your support, and see you on the boards!

Sincerely,

Alex Brecher

Founder, BariatricPal

Don’t Miss Out on BariatricPal’s Support!

The more support you have, the more likely you are to succeed. BariatricPal is all about your success, and that is why we have so much to offer. Here is a quick look at what we have so you can be sure to take advantage of it all.

BariatricPal.com

Sure, you know about the site and forums, but are you familiar with every nook and cranny? The lively conversations are just the start! Each member gets space for a blog, photo gallery, and profile. We have a surgeon directory with member reviews and ratings, and you can read helpful articles on all kinds of weight loss surgery topics in our WLS Magazine.

The BariatricPal Store

How are you supposed to lose weight without the Protein supplements and other foods you need? The BariatricPal Store sells great-tasting Protein Bars and shakes, instant low-carb protein meals and Snacks, and bariatric Vitamins. We offer top of the line service and guarantee the lowest prices on the web. You can always stop by to see our Newest Products and Current Sales, and check out our Meal Plans and Recipes sections for inspiration and ideas.

The Big books on Bariatric Surgery

Extra information on something so important as bariatric surgery is nothing to sneeze at. We have you covered with The Big Books on Bariatric Surgery. The Big Books on the Gastric Sleeve, Gastric Bypass, and Lap-Band are designed to get you going from the being of your journey until you are well on your way to lifetime maintenance. The Big Book on Bariatric Surgery has a wealth of tips to keep you healthy and healthy long-term after weight loss surgery.

Checking in with Your New Year’s Resolutions

Did you start off 2017 gung-ho and ready to hit those weight loss surgery goals? Have you been able to stick to your resolutions as you intended? Do not feel bad or worry if you are among the majority of people who do not stick to their resolutions through January. You can always get back to it, and here are some tips on evaluating your progress and getting back on track if needed.

Check Your Progress and Re-Group

Before you can decide whether you’re succeeding or which improvements you may need to make to hit your goals, you need to know where you stand now. Are you still following your resolution? If not, why not? Are there some easy changes you could make to get back on track?

For example:

• If you wanted to learn more about WLS but are procrastinating, you could set a goal to contact at least one surgeon, other bariatric health professional, or support group per week until you get the information you need.
  • If you are falling short on your five-a-day goal for fruit and vegetable intake, you could come a little closer by adding spinach to your eggs, blueberries to your oatmeal, or a half banana to your Protein Shake.< /li>
  • If you are having trouble passing up high-calorie treats at meal and snack times, you could have your own healthy substitutes, such as Protein Cookies instead of regular ones and Protein Pasta Alfredo instead of the real deal.

Get Back into It – Or Getting Started

Did you already fall off the bandwagon? Did you “miss out” on making New Year’s resolutions altogether? It is not too late to set some or get back on track. If you start now, you can make some amazing progress by the end of the year, and be very proud of yourself.

Staying Warm in the Middle of Winter

Winter can feel long if you are not a fan of cold temperatures and snowy or icy conditions. It can feel even longer after weight loss surgery. As you cut back on your calorie consumption, your metabolism slows and your body can be much more sensitive to the cold. Furthermore, you have less body fat to insulate you against the cold as you lose weight.

Losing weight is great, but feeling cold may call for a little extra attention this season. Here are a couple tips to fuel your fire.

Drink Hot Fluids

Hot drinks can warm you up from the inside out, but you do not want them at the expense of your waistline. Instead of spending a few hundred calories and a week’s worth of sugar on a single cup of hot cocoa or latte, try BariatricPal Protein Hot Drinks such as Cappuccino, Amaretto, and hot chocolate in Classic, Marshmallow, Mint, and other flavors. Each has 15 grams of protein and no more than 100 calories and 3 grams of sugar.

Have Warm Meals

A weight loss surgery diet does not leave you with much wiggle room for hot comfort foods, but you can still fit some warming meals into your plan. Start your day with Protein Oatmeal with 100 to 120 calories and 15 grams of protein per serving. Have Classic, Apple Cinnamon, Maple Brown Sugar, or Blueberry Flavors on their own, or add fruit or Peanut Butter powder to complete your Breakfast.< /p>

Protein Soup with 15 grams of protein and 70 to 100 calories can be an entire instant lunch or dinner later in the day. You can also turn it into a chunkier version by adding vegetables, Beans, cooked chicken, or lean turkey meatballs.

Get what you need at The BariatricPal Store and use coupon code BPNewsletter10 for a 10% discount off your entire first order!

Get Moving!

You know exercise burns calories, speeds weight loss, and has a wealth of other physical and mental health benefits. Exercise also helps you warm up and can provide a buffer against the cold. That half-hour or hour-long workout has long-lasting effects and can keep you warmer for hours. Even walking briskly outdoors, provided you dress properly and conditions are safe, can help warm you up on a daily basis.

Now that you’ve read the newsletter, it might be time to get moving and get warm! Then come login to BariatricPal and hang out on the forums. It could be the best thing you do for yourself all day!

· Unsubscribe from all BariatricPal E-Mail.
open.php?u=14368495&id=c98503be463a44f98