Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! I have absolutely no idea how this app is used but I figured I would give it a try! Finally had my first consult with the surgeon yesterday, so I am at the beginning of the 6 month pre-surgery journey. Anyone else starting right now? Would love some new friends I can go on this journey with!

post-312132-14859004058902_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi I am pretty new as well I've been on the board for a couple weeks I am with KAISER and I go to an orientation next Tuesday and then I have to do 12 weeks of class and during that 12 weeks halfway through or you start doing all your preop's

I am in California close to Bakersfield where are you at

Hi everyone! I have absolutely no idea how this app is used but I figured I would give it a try! Finally had my first consult with the surgeon yesterday, so I am at the beginning of the 6 month pre-surgery journey. Anyone else starting right now? Would love some new friends I can go on this journey with!

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1485900404.779276.jpg

Yes I am new from. Michigan

Sent from my SM-J700P using the BariatricPal App

I am also new I am from michigan

Sent from my SM-J700P using the BariatricPal App

Awesome! I am from Pennsylvania. What have you guys done so far in the process?

I have gotten approval to go to a 12 week class that is required by KAISER I go to orientation February 7 and hopefully start the classes a week later or sooner. I have already called my insurance and I found out that gastric sleeve is covered but I know I have to do the requirements in order to get the surgery the other requirements are preop stuff so once I'm halfway through the classes then I can start doing my preop once I'm finished hopefully I can get an appointment for surgery A few weeks later

Hi evy17. You are a lot further along than I am hopefully you'll get a surgery date soon I still have to complete the twelve-month classes and then the checklist is done halfway through when you're in the classes

Congratulations to all of you just beginning this journey to a healthier you! I am at the beginning of the next stage of the journey, surgery is scheduled for next week!

You won't believe how fast time will go by before you too will be nearing your surgical date, if you stay with the process. It is not always easy, and often very frustrating. But as you forge ahead, keep in mind what brought you to this decision as it well help you to stay motivated to achieve your goals!

Good luck and I look forward to reading your progress as you go!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I'm near Pittsburgh. I'm currently at 250 lbs and need to get to 225 by surgery

Hi! I'm in Michigan too.. I have met with my surgeon and have my first NUT visit 2/10... I am hoping for a surgery date of May since the place I am going requires 3 month NUT visits even though insurance doesn't lol but I'll be happy to get all the information I can.... would love some friends too on this journey!