Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh, meant to say... I would hold off on surgery if possible until you see if the weight loss helps the symptoms. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using the BariatricPal App

Trekker, well, sounds like I need to focus on a slightly smaller #! Wasn't thinking about regain. Thanks!

Such an awesome idea to send weekly pics to my son! Thank you so much for that suggestion. I hadn't even thought of doing that!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

Holy crap. I've been experiencing the numbing and tingling in my hands. I figured it was from the diabetes, which it very well could be. But my hand going numb from being bent is a regular occurrence and i wake up with my whole arm numb sometimes and never thought it would be weight related. Im going to look into the relation between weight-loss and carpal tunnel. Maybe it'll help my older sister.

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

Hoping.. You're welcome :) I'm sure he would feel more "a part of things" too!

Torriluv, glad if that tidbit helps :)

I am so relieved to see that other people sabotage themselves because of anxiety of being thin. I have lost weight and gained it back immediately because of that. This time I am scared of health issues so I am having lap band surgery . How do you combat that anxiety?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@freedom 51...I started seeing a therapist today to combat my anxiety.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

I don't have that fear at all. I know what skinny feels like and that's why I crave it soooo bad...lol. I weighed less than 130 after having 2 kids went on a medication that changed my life. I gained 40-50 within a couple of months and then I completely gave up on myself. I've gained more and more weight over the years. I finally said enough is enough. I can't wait to see that person in the mirror again. I do however have a huge fear of saggy skin and unwanted wrinkles. That actually scares me to death. I don't have the funds to do any kind of plastic surgery so I am just hoping for the best.

Just FYI some insurance will cover some skin removal in the cases of rashes and extreme issues. . .mine will cover an abdominal skin removal, but not a "tummy tuck". There is a proper name for it, but I can't spell it right now. Basically on my insurance it is JUST going to remove some of the extra skin from my abdomen, that hangs down, and could cause back pain, rashes, yeast infections,etc. They will not tighten the muscles like in a Tummy Tuck. I am actually still pre op for the sleeve but that is one of the things I checked into before deciding because my lower half already hangs halfway to my thighs so losing is just going to make that worse. I probably won't get my arms covered because there won't be a "medical" need to remove wings. I might be able to get my breasts reduced for the same reasons as the abdomen. Probably nothing w/my thighs unless they fold over and start causing issues. so if I want to do anything about arms/back/thighs that will be out of pocket, but some skin removal is often necessary for morbidly obese to stay healthy because of the problems the skin to skin can cause. I really hope all that makes sense. AND NOT ALL insurances do, but many that cover the surgery will cover some of these issues for a medical cause.

This actually happened to me. I was walking in a Walgreens and at the back of the store they have the wall of security mirrors. I looked up and couldn't find me. Took me a second to remember how mirrors worked.

I don't know if I'm anxious about how I'll feel about being thin(ner) but I am worried about the social aspects of it, such as people being nicer to me, guys flirting (instead of running away), etc. I've mostly been overweight most of my life; obesity is relatively new for me (about 8 years I guess). That said, when I was on the high end of the BMI overweight scale, nothing ever happened. But when I dipped to the low end of overweight or even into normal weight, I got noticed a lot more. Not just by guys, by everyone. It always kind of annoyed me, since I was still the same person, only with or without a little more padding, but it's amazing how differently people treat you. I've read articles from people who have lost a lot of weight and this is something that bothers them as well (to the point of depression) - as it was something they were not expecting.

I guess I am lucky. I live in a poor, somewhat backward town. LOTS of people are very heavy. I have hardly ever felt like I was treated differently or wrongly.

I grew up in a much more up and coming area, was barely overweight, and received a lot more flak.

It is helpful that I was already married before I got super big. If I was this big and trying to date... yeah, I definitely can see how that would be hard :(

I haven't had surgery yet. I'm 5'2" and 265. Scheduled for 2/18 in Tijuana.

I've always made light of having the opposite of anorexia... I do NOT see a fat person in the mirror! I see an average sized woman and no double chin, and I love myself! It's not until I see pictures of me that I'm like "whoaaaaaa who IS that?!" I do NOT recognize myself, it's depressing as all hell! I'm hoping the weight loss brings me back to "normal"!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I'm 5'2" an I was 265 at the start of the journey. I lost a bunch of weight before the surgery so now, just over 4 weeks out, I'm 192. I feel the same way you describe yourself! I look in the mirror and I think I look fine. When I see a picture of me I want to cry. Now that I'm down nearly 70lbs I am afraid to see a picture...what if I still hate the way I look? It's scary to think that I could work so hard and still not be happy with it:(

Okay, so here's a question for everyone pre and post op...

Do you have any fears about not recognizing yourself in the mirror after you've gotten to your goal weight?

I know that I have that fear. I've never been skinny. Went on my first diet at age 9. So I have absolutely no clue as to what to expect and it scares me. I know this is a totally irrational fear and I'm talking to a therapist tomorrow about it, but I was wondering if this is a common fear?

That's been one of my biggest concerns to. But overall, I'm looking forward to having energy and stamina to do stuff.

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App