Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chickpea Pasta

Has anyone tried this? I'm curious!post-307839-14857383630787_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Nutritionally speaking, it does look better than regular Pasta, but it still has carbs galore.

I'd be interested if it has the same expanding effect as regular Pasta once it hits the stomach. Hopefully someone will chime in with his/her experience.

I love pasta, but I accepted before I began this journey that it will likely be off the table for the rest of my life.

Yeah, I've excepted it as well! But if it turns out that eventually I can have some every once in a while, that would be cool. @@blizair09

I bought a box of the Banza chickpea Pasta at Target. I wanted to try it, I haven't had any other Pasta since my sleeve surgery. So, made some chicken breasts in my Instant Pot with a diced tomato/green pepper/onion sauce. Had a little of the Banza chickpea pasta with some of the Tomato sauce over it. The pasta had a good flavor, you could tell it was made with chickpeas, which I don't consider a bad thing at all. I only had about 1/8 cup of it. Made it for me and my husband, he said he didn't mind trying it instead of traditional pasta. He thought it was good too. He wound up eating the rest of it over the next couple of meals. I didn't want to jack up my carbs. I probably won't buy it again, just because my husband would prefer regular pasta and with the limited amount of the Banza that I would eat, it's not even worth making.

Thumbs up for flavor though. :)

costco has Pasta made out of Edamame and it was pretty good! I don't remember the exact nutrition but I just know the calories vs Protein was awesome.

I don't know much about that kind of Pasta? right? But I can say I'm 3 and 1/2 years out and I have had Pasta and rice but you really can't eat that much any way. I don't do it often but before my weight loss surgery my Surgeon told me that in time there are no forbidden foods, That I just need to ea them in Moderation. On another note, I love love Cauliflower Rice. It is yummy We made Pork Fried Rice with it, Even my hubby was ok with it.

Yes i have!!!

So i have tried a few different brands, one was from Walmart and the other was banza Pasta. It was fine, but i'm not crazy about it only because it was still very heavy.

Honestly when i want pasta i just use spaghetti squash, i like it more.

I just saw this yesterday while shopping. What about the "veggie" Pasta?

No. Veggie Pasta is just pasta with a tiny bit of veggie based flour added. No added health benefits.

Unless you're refferring to zoodles (zuchini noodles or spaghetti squash) in which case eat as much of it as you want.

Thanks for that reply. I'm managing at this point without any Pasta. It's better to not poke that bear right now. I miss pasta

All of the veggie pastas i looked at in the Pasta aisle at my grocery store are loaded with carbs. I passed on them all and decided to buy a spaghetti squash, and a frozen bag of zoodles to keep on hand for a last minute easy dinner.

Double posted my apologies

Edited by pintsizedmallrat

Apparently, triple posted. Sorry y'all

Edited by pintsizedmallrat

I eat it occasionally when I want Pasta, because it is a *better* choice, but it is still pasta. It may help if you try to load your bowl with about half veggies and treat the pasta as a "topping" vs the base for the dish. I do that with mushrooms, broccoli, etc throw some alfredo sauce on it, and maybe 1 serving of (cooked) pasta for my husband AND I (and he eats about 2/3 of the amount I make, he hasn't had the surgery yet), sprinkle a little cheese on top and bake it in the oven. You still get your pasta "fix" but not as much.

I'm almost 2 years post op, and 15 pounds BELOW my goal weight, before anyone comes for me telling me how fat I'm going to get again. (YMMV, but that's how I've incorporated it into my diet).