Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many times a day to eat?

I literally made a post about this topic asking the same question.

Everyone is different so find what works for you. Literally just experiment.

I do 3 meals- with no Snacks.< br>
I don't need to snack and 6 meals is just over eating for me. It's to much.

22 minutes ago, xoxococojay said:

I literally made a post about this topic asking the same question.

Everyone is different so find what works for you. Literally just experiment.

I do 3 meals- with no Snacks.

I don't need to snack and 6 meals is just over eating for me. It's to much.

I'm curious -- how much Protein do you take in per day? The reason I ask is because if you're aiming for 100 grams, it would be very hard to get that in 3 meals without using Protein Shakes.

Oh 100g is way to much for me. My dr and dietician all said 60-80 grams. They said anything more than that i would be over eating.

I've never been a big Breakfast eater so i usually do a shake (30g) because i hate eating first thing in the morning.

If i do a shake i'm closer to 80. Without the shake, if i force myself to eat breakfast, i'm between 60-70g.
@blizair09

1 minute ago, xoxococojay said:

Oh 100g is way to much for me. My dr and dietician all said 60-80 grams. They said anything more than that i would be over eating.

I've never been a big Breakfast eater so i usually do a shake (30g) because i hate eating first thing in the morning.

If i do a shake i'm closer to 80. Without the shake, if i force myself to eat breakfast, i'm between 60-70g.
@blizair09

Gotcha. A lot of people are told to get a minimum of 100 grams of Protein. If that's the case, it's going to be hard to get it in 3 meals. I just didn't want people to read this and think that was doable without shakes, because the restriction of the sleeve wouldn't allow for that...

That's fair. I'm just afraid of snacking because that's how i got to my heaviest in the first place.

I'm sick of shakes too. But i haven't found a breakfast that i like yet, so i'm stuck doing it that way for now.

On 1/28/2017 at 8:38 AM, Berry78 said:

I have been comparing post op diets from different surgery centers, and even the maintenance portions vary.

Johns Hopkins recommends eating 3 meals and two Snacks (one snack is just a cup of milk). Baha Bariatrics recommends 3 meals and no Snacks.

My pre-op self eats constantly, although I have eaten anything from 2 -5 meals a day while dieting before with good (albeit temporary) results.

What do y'all do?

Sent from myN920R4 using the BariatricPal App

I won't say that I always do this because I forget and sometimes get busy, but I will tell you what my doctor told me to do. He said that I should eat about 5 times a day. My "eating" a lot of times is just my Protein Powder. I do try to do this anyway so this is just an example of what I might do and approximate times:

8:15: coffee with unflavored Protein mix

10:00: 1/2 Protein Bar

1pm: lunch

3pm: Protein Shake

5pm: the other 1/2 of protein bar

7pm: dinner

9:30: handful of nuts or some other kind of low carb snack

And I add unflavored protein mix to all of my drinks to increase my protein

Now that I'm 3 weeks post op, my surgeon has me eating 6 times a day. Still trying to work the kinks out.