Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Miraculously I have my surgery day!

Hi all!

After 3 years of suffering with my band, today with my first visit with a new doctor I already have a surgery day! I thought I was going to have to fight tooth and nail to get a revision, I can't believe how fast this process went.

My surgery day is April 5th 2017. Now I have to quit smoking and lose 7lbs. My insurance required 1 month of a weight check in but I have 6 month worth of documented check ins from within the last 12 months.

I am getting a band to bypass revision and now I am on to educating myself more about the bypass. Any tips, food suggestions or any other advise is GREATLY appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hello there! I had a VGB in 2000 and going for my first visit with a new surgeon on the 9th to discuss a revision to RNY. I'm hoping mine goes as smoothly to surgery date as yours.

Thank you in advance,

Amy

Hey ladies! I have a tentative surgery date of March 28th. Vironica when is yours set for?

Was that book geared toward folks that have had revisions

Thank you! Let's keep all tight on here so we can have one another to support

Hi all!

After 3 years of suffering with my band, today with my first visit with a new doctor I already have a surgery day! I thought I was going to have to fight tooth and nail to get a revision, I can't believe how fast this process went.
My surgery day is April 5th 2017. Now I have to quit smoking and lose 7lbs. My insurance required 1 month of a weight check in but I have 6 month worth of documented check ins from within the last 12 months.
I am getting a band to bypass revision and now I am on to educating myself more about the bypass. Any tips, food suggestions or any other advise is GREATLY appreciated!

Hello there. I am having surgery on April 5th as well! Let's be surgitwins lol. I have my preop class on March 22. Right now I'm working hard to keep losing and not gain before the class. I'd hate to be rescheduled for surgery for gaining weight. Anyway, I'm so happy for all of us. Good luck to ya hun.

Hi! I see that unfortunately they haven't even added 2017 let alone months in the support by month section and I saw this thread. I had the band in 01/13 with little success and have been fighting with my insurance company for MONTHS then Thursday I was approved, Friday saw my doc and now Tuesday is my surgery. I'm kinda nervous after going to my pre-op class Monday and remembering all the misery I endured (I had complications). I wish one of you were ahead of me to be the Guinea pig instead lol.

Hello there. I am having surgery on April 5th as well! Let's be surgitwins lol. I have my preop class on March 22. Right now I'm working hard to keep losing and not gain before the class. I'd hate to be rescheduled for surgery for gaining weight. Anyway, I'm so happy for all of us. Good luck to ya hun.

Hey there! Just got the call yesterday that surgery was approved and to start the pre op diet! April 5th is still the day! That's so cool that yours is the same day? Where are you located? I am in New York :)

Hi! I see that unfortunately they haven't even added 2017 let alone months in the support by month section and I saw this thread. I had the band in 01/13 with little success and have been fighting with my insurance company for MONTHS then Thursday I was approved, Friday saw my doc and now Tuesday is my surgery. I'm kinda nervous after going to my pre-op class Monday and remembering all the misery I endured (I had complications). I wish one of you were ahead of me to be the Guinea pig instead lol.

Hey!!! How did your surgery go? What stage are you at now? Congratulations!