Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will it ever taste the same

Okay fellow dsers, vets, or anyone passed me two months out.

Why does my food taste so different its nasty at first it was the chicken now that i was able to move up to ground beef that taste like shyte literally. Yes dont judge people what i mean is (tmi time)when i use the restroom it is still baby type poop which has a baby type milk poop smell. I have that taste in my mouth all the time. Nothing tastes normal not coffee, not my Beans, not tea, or any of the allowed meats. All i taste is what i think the whey smells like after your body processes it.

Somebody please tell me you know what im talking about its getting me down in the dumps. I know that food is fuel not for enjoyment now but come on. It has gotten to a point where i force my self to eat and try not to gag. Sorry for the rant but just needed to vent i guess anyone got some story on how to make this better. I know it will eventually go away its the when part that gots me down.

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

I am 3 1/2 years post-op RNY. My taste buds changed very dramatically after surgery. I couldn't even drink Water because it tasted overly chlorinated. As the years went by my taste buds are slowly returning more to normal. They will never return to the same way as pre surgery but they did improve.

I remember the first time I tried ketchup after surgery, it tasted like hot sauce. Ketchup now taste like ketchup. Many foods like butter completely lost their taste post-surgery and became very bland. I use to love crab legs dipped in butter pre-surgery but post surgery they completely lost their flavor. Anyways expect things to improve but not overnight.

Your body is probably in a state of ketosis which is affecting the smell of your breath, sweat and poop. This will come to an end when you transition from the weight loss phase to the maintenance phase.

One of the things I found difficult to tolerate was my Protein shakes. They tasted terrible. I improved their taste by blending in a half a banana into my Protein Shakes. Also I concentrated on eating high Protein meals. As my meal volume increased, I was able to reduce my reliance on Protein Shakes. So now I no longer drink them because I am getting my protein from my meals.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches