Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want to ask a question with out offending

Ok so i have been going through so many pictures and post! And everyone has done an amazing job with there weight loss! I'm a lil taken back by PLEASE DONT BEAT ME UP FOR THIS ITS REALLY A CONCERN I DONT WANT TO LOOSE TO MUCH WEIGHT! I SEE LADIES WHO WHERE 320 and are now 150 and they look super skinny and faces look sunken in a lil makes them look older IM SCARED THIS IS GONNA HAPPEN TO PLEASE GIVE OPINIONS THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ANYONE DOWN JUST DONT WANT LOOK UNHEALTHY Sw 286

Cw 261

Gw 185

Sleeved 1/11/17

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I totally understand your concern. I'd be lying if I didn't say I had the same thoughts you're thinking.

I do feel that some initially look older but when their skin firms and their hair thickens back up they look younger again.

I was 224, 5' 6" and my goal was 140....when I hit 150 I felt like that was thin enough. At first I think I did look old ....I don't know if I'm just getting used to it or if i learned to wear my hair differently, makeup differently, and my skin has firmed up some.

Good question/observation.

I'm certainly happy with my choice.

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

I am 53 years old. As I'm losing weight (61 lbs now), I'm actually looking younger. I really think it's because I don't look so tired and worn out. I'll post pics on Feb 1st, which is my 3 month date.

My starting weight was 294. I am now 116. I NEVER thought I would be a 39 year old mom that can wear a size 0. I didn't seek that out as a goal, it just happened. My doctor gave me the goal of 135-145. I hit the top end of the goal in 9 months. It took about 3 months to lose the other 10 pounds. I started training for my first half marathon in July of last year and got down to 121 then. Even though I stayed the same weight, during that time I went from a size 6 to a size 2. I lost more weight after stopping birth control.

With all that said....how you look after is based on so many different factors. I lost 178 pounds, but have minimal excess skin. I know others that have lost 80 pounds and have LOTS of excess skin. I give credit to my workout regime in part. You cannot just do cardio, you must do weight training.

The hair loss. I experienced that starting the 3rd month through about the 9th month. It was minimal though. I have PCOS and experienced much worse before the surgery. I have been committed to getting my Protein and taking my Vitamins.

I agree with the others. Looking a certain way is still healthier than being obese or morbidly obese in my case.

what workout regimen do you do and what do you use for your Protein drinks??? I get sleeved on Monday

Sent from my SM-G928V using the BariatricPal App

If it makes me look older in the end i dont care im extending my life and improving the quality of it. I was sleeved 1/4/17 and im down 40 lbs so far. Everything i have read says lots of hydration excersise and moisturize. Just eat right and drink lots of Water and Vitamins

I think you have a legitimate concern. I am 50 years old. My starting weight was 248. I am now 170. I could go down to 160, but due to my age my face is very thin, and your right...I started to look older. I am happy at 170 so that's where I'm stopping. Noel it's maintenance through healthy eating and exercise. Hope this helps

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the BariatricPal App

Thanks for the feed back everyone. May I ask how old everyone is?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm 41

Sent from my Y538 using the BariatricPal App

I went from 327lb. - 126lb and I was 28 years old and 5 ft 9 in. Everyone said I looked like I was in my 60's and I was way to skinny. This also happened to my cousin she was 350 pounds and got down to 85 pounds. We both lost all our teeth and I did the Protein shakes exactly like I supposed to. I would never go back and do it again. It's been 12 years and I still can't eat anything and have had 17 surgeries from complications from gastric bypass.

Sent from my XT1093 using the BariatricPal App

Oh my that is so horrible. I'm so sorry all of that has happened to you. I pray somehow you are able to find some kind of happiness. My heart goes out to you and your sister. I'm still having serious buyers remorse.

I'm 52

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

You look great!

I went from 327lb. - 126lb and I was 28 years old and 5 ft 9 in. Everyone said I looked like I was in my 60's and I was way to skinny. This also happened to my cousin she was 350 pounds and got down to 85 pounds. We both lost all our teeth and I did the Protein shakes exactly like I supposed to. I would never go back and do it again. It's been 12 years and I still can't eat anything and have had 17 surgeries from complications from gastric bypass.

Sent from my XT1093 using the BariatricPal App

Oh my that is so horrible. I'm so sorry all of that has happened to you. I pray somehow you are able to find some kind of happiness. My heart goes out to you and your sister. I'm still having serious buyers remorse.

Not sister I mean cousin

I'm only 5'4" so 108 is my cutoff for underweight. At 116 I am above that and all muscle!!!

Well done. You look amazing. I can't wait too feel fit. I just had my surgery Jan 17. I'm having a lot of regrets. But reading stories like yours really helps me stay positive.

You both look amazing ????????

Motivation is what got you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Love that saying ????

Your age has a lot to do with whether you loose some elasticity in your skin making the loose skin not to go away. It also has a lot to do with how obese you got b4 you got your weight loss operation. Usually the hair loss is minimal & whether Hair loss runs in your family, especially if women in your family hair thins with age. The skin on your face is always thinner when you loose weight quickly but most of it goes back to whatever is normal for your face shape. Look at photos of yourself b4 you started gaining weight as a child if need be. When skin is stretched out from becoming obese or even pregnancies, everyone is different from their body shapes & skin's elasticity. Some lucky few women never get stretch makes during pregnancy. The more stretch marks that occurred during your weight gain the less likely your skin will snap back firm to when you were a child or teen. The healthier way you feel loosing weight is the biggest plus ever than staying extremely obese! I've gotten off high blood pressure meds for the 1st time in my adult life & I'm 65. I started getting extremely obese in my mid20s. So I can honestly say I am really enjoying my 60s more than my late 20s, 30s, 40s & 50s because I can walk without getting short of breath & I can actually buy stylish clothes finally. There are side effects to being obese & side effects to surgery. Exercise once your able to! But if the loose skin is your main hate of loosing your weight then you need to save money to get it removed or wear shape garments so you feel better looking in your smaller clothes. For Pete's sake even thin movie stars wear spanks under their red carpet outfits BC they try to elude perfection. We're all our own worst enemies no matter how rich & famous you are. Lol Be so proud of yourself what you did to help yourself & never give up BC the best is yet to come. Smiles goes miles & a huge healer for your outlook on life! Big hugs to you all with a smile included!

Sent from my VK700 using the BariatricPal App

I'm 41

Seriously?! You look like a kid in your avatar! I'42 and look haggard by comparison.