Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want to ask a question with out offending

It is true - it happens. I have jowls which really sucks.I was sad to see my work photo the year after 100 lbs lost - I thought I looked much older than the year before. It is amazing how much weight loss is in the face. I did lose a ton of hair - especially in my bangs - but the hair did come back.

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

To me I think it all depends on the person their age and things along those lines it also depends on how much nutrition you're getting and everything like that to not everyone even if you had the same surgery does the same nutrition plan just because it's different doctor for doctor you also have to take into effect the person's age as well to know someone that's 19 that loses weight is going to have a better skin retention and someone's 50 and loses weight these are all things that you have to take into account when you're looking at everyone's picture and I'm grown and there will be a time where your skin may be a little soggy or a little looser Intellicast is up with you your skin and muscles and all that stuff take a while to show their true nature and catch up to the form that you want them to be so your weights going to come off quicker but you still Also may need toning and things along those lines and also to if you're losing weight too fast and you're not getting your Vitamins you're going to look malnutrition

Sent from my LG-H901 using the BariatricPal App

What is your question though? The point of the surgery is to have better health and live longer because obesity will certainly have the opposite effect.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Ok so i have been going through so many pictures and post! And everyone has done an amazing job with there weight loss! I'm a lil taken back by PLEASE DONT BEAT ME UP FOR THIS ITS REALLY A CONCERN I DONT WANT TO LOOSE TO MUCH WEIGHT! I SEE LADIES WHO WHERE 320 and are now 150 and they look super skinny and faces look sunken in a lil makes them look older IM SCARED THIS IS GONNA HAPPEN TO PLEASE GIVE OPINIONS THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ANYONE DOWN JUST DONT WANT LOOK UNHEALTHY Sw 286

Cw 261

Gw 185

Sleeved 1/11/17

I understand what u mean i had the same concerns im big but never wanted to be small my goel weight has been 200-220 i dont mind my thighs rubbin or some belly and wondered if my face would look suken in but i had to look in to myself and weigh out my options so u have to do the same theres goin to be some changes we are not goin to like lol

BigBodyBombFace

Best of luck and good health to you moving forward!

I went from 327lb. - 126lb and I was 28 years old and 5 ft 9 in. Everyone said I looked like I was in my 60's and I was way to skinny. This also happened to my cousin she was 350 pounds and got down to 85 pounds. We both lost all our teeth and I did the Protein shakes exactly like I supposed to. I would never go back and do it again. It's been 12 years and I still can't eat anything and have had 17 surgeries from complications from gastric bypass.

Sent from my XT1093 using the BariatricPal App

@JamieLogical Your "Han Shot First" shirt rocks!

I've gained 70lbs back from being in bed 8 weeks and sometimes even longer if there were complications. I got do depressed I wouldn't eat all I would drink is 1 dr.pepper a day from sonic, my husband would bring it to me before he went to work and the dr. Said that's why I gained back some of the weight over 10 years time. So now I'm trying to lose the weight.

Sent from my XT1093 using the BariatricPal App

Thanks for the feed back everyone. May I ask how old everyone is?

I'm now 37. The "before" pictures I posted were all taken between August and November of 2009, so I would have been 30 in those.

My "after" pictures range from September 2015 (when I hit goal) to April 2016 (when I ran my first half marathon). So I would have been 36 and 37 in those.