Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need a helpful support team!

Pick a date and do a reset of some-what of a pre-op diet. Protein shakes, and cooked veggies and just cut out the carbs. No bread, Pasta. And walk, if you don't have a fitbit I recommend it , depending on which on you have or want to get it will yell at you to do your steps. I love my fitbit it makes me walk or step. And You can just do steps in your home and it will count it. Its hard to be around enablers, have a sit down conversation with them. Stock up on the yogurt, Jello, broth, if they are eating food you want grab your yogurt or a Protein shake or leave the room. Don't let them dictate or sabotage your weight goal. And remember we are here on the board for you! You can have the burger just make it at home, and no bread and use a George foreman so the grease drops. You can do this! And you look ahhhmazing!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Carrie which Fitbit do you have and have you heard of the reset working? I have been feeling like I'm able to hold more... I wonder if my stomach has stretched too much?

You guys have really encouraged me today because I have been really depressed about not following the diet and exercise.

Much ❤️ shasha! I have the fitbit alta. I like it because its smaller wrist band and it yells at me.

The reset does work, a local in area is doing it now. You are just going back to basics not that I am a doc. My pre-op was 7 days, I would suggest two weeks depending on how much carbs you have had. And then do your soft foods again. But remember exercise is the key to weight loss and a healthy life. I am so glad you finding peace with all of us on the board. Don't be depressed this is for you and no one else! Surgery is helper not a solution.

I also doubt you are holding more. It takes years to stretch out the pouch. You are probably eating slider food and that is why u can eat more.

Edited by Carrie1122

hey birthday buddy!! add me! I'll be getting my sleeve the end of february or early march! i want to look fab by my (30th) birthday too! the main thing I've heard is Protein 1st and sip sip sip that Water (i hate Water so this will be very hard for me!) i dont know how to add a friend, but please friend me :) I'd love to be buddies!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

hey birthday buddy!! add me! I'll be getting my sleeve the end of february or early march! i want to look fab by my (30th) birthday too! the main thing I've heard is Protein 1st and sip sip sip that Water (i hate Water so this will be very hard for me!) i dont know how to add a friend, but please friend me :) I'd love to be buddies!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

How do I add? And I want a fab 30 too!!!! Can't wait to do it with you!!!

You look great... I think your acknowledgment to what you have to do is the biggest step...but again you look great!

thunder32

Thank you!!!! I still battle my fat girl depression but I hope to feel that way inside and out!

Don't beat yourself up. You've lost a lot of weight. Do not discredit your success. I thinking logging your food is critical especially if you are concerned about what you are eating. Also, portion everything! I am huge on meal prepping. I portion out everything. Also, work out if you are not. My fave is zumba. I also have fallen in love with running. I do weight training as well. Yoga is my stress reliever as well. I am on myfitnesspal as AnA92212.

I knew it!!! I'm 5'5 lol I can't to see 220 on a scale! You better flaunt your stuff! : ) keep pushing and watch those numbers drop.

I don't know how tall you are but we're pretty much the same size and I can only hope to God to be 220 in 4 months!!! Look at how beautiful you are! Yes try to eat healthy and exercise for a better out come. But you've done great so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using the BariatricPal App

Thanks Raymia! I'm 5'4!

Hey Sasha my name is Andrea. First of all I give credit where it's due...70 lbs! That's amazing! You look great! I know it's not easy making healthy choices but remember the pain you've endured to get the procedure done. I just got sleeved Jan. 26 I'm in the beginning stage. You have my support though

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using the BariatricPal App

70 pounds is a lot of weight in 4 months. I started at 385 and I'm only down 90 so comparatively you're doing really good. Keeping track of everything you eat is always a good sign. I also have lost fair amount to wait in the last 2 weeks because I've been doing the pre-op liquid diet with my husband. It seemed to break my stall. If you find yourself eating stuff you shouldn't be, why not go back a stage or two? Go back to my mushies or to pure liquid for a couple of days.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using the BariatricPal App

70 pounds is a lot of weight in 4 months. I started at 385 and I'm only down 90 so comparatively you're doing really good. Keeping track of everything you eat is always a good sign. I also have lost fair amount to wait in the last 2 weeks because I've been doing the pre-op liquid diet with my husband. It seemed to break my stall. If you find yourself eating stuff you shouldn't be, why not go back a stage or two? Go back to my mushies or to pure liquid for a couple of days.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using the BariatricPal App

YAS! I am starting the first stage today I have hit a stall so I want to start some more exercising with it as well. Thank you for the motivation and encouragement.

You have done so great!!!! I had surgery sept 14 I started at 276 today I was 193. But I had a 2 week stall about a month ago. I realized I was grazing. Every time my hubby would eat I would too. I put a stop to it. I went back to eating 3 meals and 2 snacks! Girl we can do it!!!!

First of all you look amazing. I had the sleeve done in 2012 and 11 months later I got pregnant and pretty much ruined my sleeve. So I just had a revision to the gastric bypass. Just be careful with your sleeve. From someone who knows all to well, you can stretch it back out. Once you start to feel full, so eating. Research why we don't eat the things they tell us not too easy, that's one thing that hurt me. I was unaware that diet soda would stretch my stomach. It's the little things, so make sure you understand why you don't eat certain foods. Learn what your trigger food are, foods that trigger your sweet tooth and avoid them. How I've helped a little.

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

We're actually fairly close on numbers - I was sleeved about 2 weeks after you. Well, and am 45 [emoji16]. But girl, you have lost a TON of weight! Just this week I finally hit 50 down on the scale.

After surgery, it took me almost a month just to get back down to my day of surgery weight, so I'm not a super fast loser. I AM get hungrier and able to eat more. Not starving, but definitely transitioning to real food. So yeah, I will eat part of a hamburger - but no bun. cheese and turkey summer sausage - and no crackers. chicken, verde sauce, and cheese topped with a dollop of Greek yogurt. Eating for Protein really does make a difference for me.

And the restriction is still there - I've had pretty severe anemia and couldn't eat very much for a couple of days. And man, my first piece of meat after was like, two bites and done. But I also see my grandma (diabetic) snacking on crackers all day and wondering why her health is failing and say, "Yeah, let's not do that."

I had a blood transfusion yesterday, in addition to Iron treatments, and the doctor is trying to fast track me for a hysterectomy. (Peri-menopausal + jacked hormones + weight loss is proving to be too much for my body.) I also have a bad ankle I'm hoping to get back to PT for soon.

In June, I'll be 46. So there's no way on earth a healthy young thing like you can't stay on track if I can [emoji16]. September to summer birthdays! Even with surgeries, I'll keep trying [emoji106]. It won't be an instant miracle, but as long as it keeps going, I'll consider myself blessed.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App