Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need a helpful support team!

Guys I need help. I'm so ashamed. I had surgery Sept 16th but the whole process was rushed. I didn't take any of what the doctor said serious as I was just trying to have the miracle change happen quickly. I doctor hopped to speed getting under the knife and now four months out I feel like I'm grazing all day eating practically what I did prior to surgery. I literally was trying to eat a burger today! Of course I dang near killed myself to eat half but that's how stupid I've been with this whole process. I've lost some but no where near the significant amount 4 months out should have. I need a support group outside of my enabling family to help me reset my sleeve and get the weight loss I deserve. At my heaviest I was 290. I'm currently stalled at 220. I just need motivation and help getting on track with proper life changing dieting. I want to be committed and radiant by my birthday 7/7! Please help!post-311716-14854056976229_thumb.jpg post-311716-14854057118953_thumb.jpg post-311716-14854057278632_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by SashaJ

First off, you HAVE made great progress! Your body is doing its part. It is your mind that needs some work. Get your head where it needs to be.

Do you have any local support? Even 1 person that is in your corner (that understands the process)?

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using the BariatricPal App

You are looking amazing, keep it up. Use my fitness pal to track what you are eating. If youre snacking constantly, choose healthy Snacks. Are you getting in all your Protein first every day? Are you working out? There is plenty of material on the Internet you can read and get yourself back on track where you need to be. Also, dont be so hard on yourself, youve made amazing progress!!!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

First off, you HAVE made great progress! Your body is doing its part. It is your mind that needs some work. Get your head where it needs to be.

Do you have any local support? Even 1 person that is in your corner (that understands the process)?

Thanks Berry! I unfortunately haven't found a local group since moving. My family isn't working thus two of us have fallen off the wagon so early on. I hope to use the app to get back on track with my eating habits and start working out.

You are looking amazing, keep it up. Use my fitness pal to track what you are eating. If youre snacking constantly, choose healthy Snacks. Are you getting in all your Protein first every day? Are you working out? There is plenty of material on the Internet you can read and get yourself back on track where you need to be. Also, dont be so hard on yourself, youve made amazing progress!!!!

Thanks Suanja for your kind words. I would be lying if I said I followed any of the instructions. No diet. No exercise, still grazing just in smaller portions. Smh I still don't see where I have lost anything. Mentally I need to get in the game otherwise this will continue to be a wasted opportunity.

I have seen a few posts from people looking for buddies. Bet you will find the perfect (long distance) pal!

I don't know how tall you are but we're pretty much the same size and I can only hope to God to be 220 in 4 months!!! Look at how beautiful you are! Yes try to eat healthy and exercise for a better out come. But you've done great so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using the BariatricPal App

I don't know how tall you are but we're pretty much the same size and I can only hope to God to be 220 in 4 months!!! Look at how beautiful you are! Yes try to eat healthy and exercise for a better out come. But you've done great so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using the BariatricPal App

Thanks Raymia! I'm 5'4!

Thanks Suanja for your kind words. I would be lying if I said I followed any of the instructions. No diet. No exercise, still grazing just in smaller portions. Smh I still don't see where I have lost anything. Mentally I need to get in the game otherwise this will continue to be a wasted opportunity.

You have lost at least 20 just from your waist! It seems like you are just taking each day as it comes and then just being in the moment to much. Try planning exactly what you are going to eat for a week and then buy everything you will need. Follow that. If you manage to stick to the eating plan for a week, do the same but maybe add one day of exercise. Or even just a long walk. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using the BariatricPal App

I think a face to face support group would be a good idea! Plus, getting a nutrients. I paid to have mine for a year. And this group is so much help. BTW, I think you Remember looking fabulous, so keep it up and try to stay off those burgers. My surgery is Jan 31, 2017 so I can't speak about after surgery and am sure I will have my struggles. Good luck!

????sonkat5355????

Oh my, my typos are terrible!

????sonkat5355????

I'm preoperative but I try to avoid fast food by making it to the grocery store every week so I don't need to eat out. Also, I try not to buy it if I'll feel guilty eating it. Not to say I never give in, but these little things help to decrease it. But you look amazing. Just try to decrease your temptations.

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

Pick a date and do a reset of some-what of a pre-op diet. Protein shakes, and cooked veggies and just cut out the carbs. No bread, Pasta. And walk, if you don't have a fitbit I recommend it , depending on which on you have or want to get it will yell at you to do your steps. I love my fitbit it makes me walk or step. And You can just do steps in your home and it will count it. Its hard to be around enablers, have a sit down conversation with them. Stock up on the yogurt, Jello, broth, if they are eating food you want grab your yogurt or a Protein shake or leave the room. Don't let them dictate or sabotage your weight goal. And remember we are here on the board for you! You can have the burger just make it at home, and no bread and use a George foreman so the grease drops. You can do this! And you look ahhhmazing!

I think a face to face support group would be a good idea! Plus, getting a nutrients. I paid to have mine for a year. And this group is so much help. BTW, I think you Remember looking fabulous, so keep it up and try to stay off those burgers. My surgery is Jan 31, 2017 so I can't speak about after surgery and am sure I will have my struggles. Good luck!

sonkat5355

I agree, face to face accountability would work better for me I think! Good luck on your surgery and I look forward to being a pin pal and seeing your success!!!❤️