Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Guys,

I'm new to this website, but VERY happy to see so much info and support. I see so much excitement from people to receive their surgery date, but are/were any of you ho hum about it all? Maybe it's the pre-op diet lacking carbs, caffeine, and yummy foods or perhaps depression getting in the way, but I'm not as excited as others are for the surgery. This is something I know I HAVE TO DO to gain my life back, but it's not exactly something I'm thrilled with. I'm trucking along through the diet just fine I guess, but I keep thinking I should be more excited. More excitement means more motivation, right?

Think about how you will feel after you have lost some of the weight. That is what keeps me going. I think about being able to run and play with my children and that helps keep me motivated. Think of the things that you want to do and use that as your motivation. You can do this!

That is exactly how I feel! Like some switch hasn't been turned on yet. My surgery has been postponed twice because I was sick so I am looking forward to getting it over with more now though. I am also concerned because my sister keeps saying she has a bad feeling about my surgery so that adds a layer of gloom too. Idk, most people on this site seem supercharged and optimistic and I feel like it is a necessary evil to try to get my life back. Hope you get excited and happy.

Sent from my SM-J700P using the BariatricPal App

You know what? I was that way prior to my surgery. hard to go on the reduced calorie diet and then the dreaded "LIQUID" diet. After surgery it will get a little worse but then as you are able to eat more it gets better. You will look back on the experience and thing, "It wasn't really all that bad." Try to keep a positive attitude and just remember that your WLS family is always here to help you.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing you on the "Loser's Bench" very soon.

I not that excited either...I'm thinking of getting some professional therapy to get my head in the right place. I'm due for surgery in March and trying to keep pounds off since insurance says I can't gain any weight prior to surgery. So hard but trying to stay focused. Thanks for listening

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was like that too. I started the process in July and was excited every step of the way...and then I got my surgery date and I was just "meh". I have to get the surgery, but I'm not so much as excited as I was previously about all this. My surgery is in 2 weeks and I still can't get pumped up about it. I'm not ready for surgery and feeling crappy.

While im not excited, im looking forward to a new life. My biggest feeling is embarrassment! My husband is the only one who knows about me persuing this option. Im embarrased to tell anyone else.

I don't know, I'm pretty stoked. I'm looking forward to the lifestyle changes, especially being able to move without so much pain. I've got what I call "carrots" along the way, new outfits, non food treats, and a trip to Paris....
Maybe that would help you generate some excitement?

Sent from my iPhone using BariatricPal