Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I HAD MY SURGERY YESTERDAY!

Congratulations!!!

I am not on Instagram so I hope you keep up with these posts as well. How was the surgery? Did you have to stay overnight? How about the incisions? Are they large and where are they?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using the BariatricPal App

I must say reading all this is helping my nerves. Not sure when my band will come out. Waiting on Insurance and I have to get into Pcp for preoperative blood work and referral. Soon though.

How long was everyone off work? I need to go back right away.

I loved my first band in the beginning until it slipped. Hated the revised one because I felt so little restriction even with a large fill. I may just be in a honeymoon stage, but I'm six weeks out and am so glad I've been sleeved. I feel better with it and don't think I'll be able to work around it like I did with the band.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi. I had the revision from band to sleeve on 1/23 also. So glad I did it. No pain from sleeve only from where the port was removed. Just started the purée stage and feeling better every day. Down 12 pounds since 1/23.

Hi. I had the revision from band to sleeve on 1/23 also. So glad I did it. No pain from sleeve only from where the port was removed. Just started the purée stage and feeling better every day. Down 12 pounds since 1/23.

I went band to sleeve 1/23 also! So different from the band I love it!! Congrats on your weight loss!! How are you doing?

Sent from my LG-H918 using the BariatricPal App

I am not on Instagram so I hope you keep up with these posts as well. How was the surgery? Did you have to stay overnight? How about the incisions? Are they large and where are they?

They used some of the same incisions that were used for my band. I had 6 total incisions, but the only one that was painful was where they removed the port. I was in the hospital for a little over 24 hours. I was finished with pain meds on day 3. It was a much easier recovery, gas wise, than the band. My only suggestion is to forget everything that you knew with the band because the feeling, including the signs of being full, are completely different. It is great to not have the "stuck" feeling! Good luck to you!

Banded 2010 weight:327

Sleeved 12/28/16 weight:253

CW: 228 GW: 155

Heather in Texas

I'm getting my band removed on 2/8. I'm so happy to get rid of it. My surgeon wants to wait 3-6 months to allow healing time before doing sleeve or bypass.

Banded in 2010

Everyone here who has went from band to sleeve, was your band full?

Everyone here who has went from band to sleeve, was your band full?

Not mine. I was only 2cc in a 10cc band!

Banded 2010 weight:327
Sleeved 12/28/16 weight:253
Currently 226.1 lbs
101 lbs down!!
Heather in Texas

Ahh ok, my band has been empty for a few years now. I wonder if it makes a difference in the overall weight loss versus someone who has a full band and then has the sleeve done? I heard that people who have the band and go to the sleeve do not lose as much as first time sleevers.

Did most of you have outpatient surgery? Deciding to have the band to sleeve revision.