Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

hey boboboldy..i snipped the knots and line to my "fishing line" stitches..it relieved them a bit, but can you remember how long it was till you felt they had actually dissolved underneath?..cant see anything of mine but they are still pulling from underneath...that tiny bit of fishing line sticking out doesnt look like it will ever dissolve!:thumbup: although they are feeling more comfortable now. oh yes, we think you should be on commision from WLS for the custom you have got them off here!..Gillian x[/quote

After i sniped the ends within two or three days they started to come out there self and i just pulled them and they came out from my skin .

If i knew yous were all going to sign up with wls i would have asked them first.lol

Any way i think it was flirty lass that told me about them in the first place.

hi boboboldy,thanks to flirtylass also then, for that great info! gillian x

Hi TC, thats not right what freddy boy said about those who book with him going first!(i didnt evenbook with him!)..as soon as id booked in at the hospital i was taken away from bigsister and wishfull and went along corridors and bridges to another building, where i was in a room for 4 but all alone!..i was told to get changed quick as doc chris was waiting for me, it wasnt even 8am by then! i had my drip set up etc and was took straight down..when i got to the op room, they were all looking wierd and talking in another language to me..they thought i was flemish and they always do the flemish first they said..he told me all the things i had to know while i was on the op table and i had to sit up and sign the consent form!.he said he didnt like to do it that way but if he didnt do it immediatly that ther would be no op!..i didnt mind..next a nice anaesthatist said you are going to feel sleepy, as all the anaesthetic is now going through your drip! was glad about that as i didnt fancy having injection..i was thinking...no im not going to sleep!..then he said sweet dreams and then i woke up!..i was shivering but didnt feel cold, and i had no pain..i had a silver blanket put over me i think and like a big hairdryer blowing under it. i went off to sleep again and after a while in recovery was took back to my room this time there were 3 other flemish people who looked like theyd had facelifts or something by the bandages..they told me it was a day ward and i couldnt stay there and took me to another room nearer to bigsister and wishfull.they hadnt even gone down by then i dont think...anyway about 6pm a flemish woman,the last of the day was brought back into our room, i think they got our slots mixed up!...so if you wanna go first,heres a tip, learn fluant flemish and change your name to a flemish one..they had my name down as "MEYERS" this may be a flemish name?! my name is myers by the way!.but as long as its van der summat you will go first! x

Hi Gillian - it does sound like Frederik talks a load of bull, but I don't think it was very professional of Dr Chris to have his first meeting with you on the operating table either! I didn't have the silver blanket or hairdryer on me when I woke up, but then I wasn't shivering. I wonder why that happens to some people? I was lucky I guess - being first and not even a van der in sight!!. Tx

Hi Gillian - it does sound like Frederik talks a load of bull, but I don't think it was very professional of Dr Chris to have his first meeting with you on the operating table either! I didn't have the silver blanket or hairdryer on me when I woke up, but then I wasn't shivering. I wonder why that happens to some people? I was lucky I guess - being first and not even a van der in sight!!. Tx

LOL! Hi, van der TC..yes it was the first sighting i had of chris, and he said that,he was sorry and it shouldnt happen like that, but i was thought to be flemish and had had my prep talk already..fred was at the side of him in the operating theatre, and within minutes of first meeting chris, and signing a form, he was cutting me open! it seemed surreal!. it all went well though, and the care in the recovery room was good, i was attatched to things and was asked if i was in pain regularly(which i wasnt),and if i was ok, there were plenty of staff everywhere, more than ive seen in hospitals over here. you were just a lucky one going first without your van der name!

Hi everyone - I know this has been mentioned before but to save me trawling back on the posts could you please tell me how long it was before you changed your dressings and did you buy special dressings to put back on. Also how long did you wait before having a bath. Thank you so much T x

Hi everyone - I know this has been mentioned before but to save me trawling back on the posts could you please tell me how long it was before you changed your dressings and did you buy special dressings to put back on. Also how long did you wait before having a bath. Thank you so much T x

hi TC. i changed my dressings after about third day..i wiped the insisions with some Water that had been boiled and put a pinch of salt in it.if you just get some dressings that have a border round them so nothing can get under it like with a normal plaster..you dont need big ones..and dont go for any special ones, just boots or superdrugs own brand..you can have a bath when your blue stitch is taken out...and it feels lovely to have a bath too, it makes stitches feel and look better, i laid on my side in nice deep bath.there is no need to put plasters back on then unless they are bleeding or weeping, which they shouldnt be by then.Gillian x

LOL! Hi, van der TC..yes it was the first sighting i had of chris, and he said that,he was sorry and it shouldnt happen like that, but i was thought to be flemish and had had my prep talk already..fred was at the side of him in the operating theatre, and within minutes of first meeting chris, and signing a form, he was cutting me open! it seemed surreal!. it all went well though, and the care in the recovery room was good, i was attatched to things and was asked if i was in pain regularly(which i wasnt),and if i was ok, there were plenty of staff everywhere, more than ive seen in hospitals over here. you were just a lucky one going first without your van der name!

At least you got the right procedure - your band and not a face lift:ohmy:!! I suppose that's the best way to go - talk about express. I don't remember much about the recovery room as I was asleep most of the time. The only thing I do remember was a nurse giving me a needle for pain relief near my bum and I think it must have hit a muscle as I still have pain in that area when I lie on it and walk. T x

hi TC. i changed my dressings after about third day..i wiped the insisions with some Water that had been boiled and put a pinch of salt in it.if you just get some dressings that have a border round them so nothing can get under it like with a normal plaster..you dont need big ones..and dont go for any special ones, just boots or superdrugs own brand..you can have a bath when your blue stitch is taken out...and it feels lovely to have a bath too, it makes stitches feel and look better, i laid on my side in nice deep bath.there is no need to put plasters back on then unless they are bleeding or weeping, which they shouldnt be by then.Gillian x

Thanks so much Gillian. I have looked everywhere in the booklet they give you for that info as I haven't taken mine off yet. I'm sure they will have told me in the hospital, but they tell you so much and I couldn't remember. I will do it today. I cant wait to have a bath as I much prefer it to a shower. T x

Edited by TC27

:thumbup::Dancing_biggrin::Dancing_biggrin:HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIGSISTER!!

Happy birthday from me too bigsister- not too much cake now!! T x:bananapartyhat:

Happy Birthday,

Bigsister!!

You're not getting older, you're getting better.

The older the berry, the sweeter the juice!

You're just a babe, compared to some of us.

Tammy x

welcome back TC and Tamisu, I'm so pleased it all went well for you. I start my pre op diet on Monday although I dont think I'll be very strict, - if I could stick to a diet I would'nt be this size now, but I'll give it a try.

Lewisabbey, and mum are being done on the same day, so no doubt they are feeling a bit jittery as well.

I've ordered my euros, bought my medication, floppy bra, sloppy joggers, travel size toiletries, so I'm more or less ready now.

Hi mmm. Thanks, you might also want to get some arnica gel or lotion for bruising. I had a monster bruise on the back of my hand where they tried to put the IV. -T

Happy birthday from me too bigsister- not too much cake now!! T x:bananapartyhat:

Thanks TC and Tamisu for the happy birthday wishes! Not much chance of any cake left when littlesister gillian will have got her hands on it first (band or not) - shortly after eating all the sandwiches, crisps, jelly etc! Her party bag always has to be the biggest as well.....Another thing I have to tell you about her is that at Xmas when she was young, she always bought sweets for the family's presents and if they did or said anything wrong to her, she would go and unwrap and eat their present! Yes, little sister, I will tell all your secrets on this forum....

Thanks TC and Tamisu for the happy birthday wishes! Not much chance of any cake left when littlesister gillian will have got her hands on it first (band or not) - shortly after eating all the sandwiches, crisps, jelly etc! Her party bag always has to be the biggest as well.....Another thing I have to tell you about her is that at Xmas when she was young, she always bought sweets for the family's presents and if they did or said anything wrong to her, she would go and unwrap and eat their present! Yes, little sister, I will tell all your secrets on this forum....

You two make me laugh so much. I don't have any brothers or sisters and I love reading your sibling banter:lol:

I could just jump in the bath right now Gillian - but I know I can't and I will have to wait just like everyone else:mellow: T x

Hi T - I changed my dressings on the 6th day after surgery. I used some dressings from Lloyds chemists called 'Opsite'. They come in boxes of 5 (very handy) and I think they cost about £2.80. They are very like the ones they use in the hospital only slightly smaller, so on the larger scar, you may have to use one widthways. They have the pad in the middle and a waterproof film border which is fine in the shower. But once you have your blue stitch out (think Tamisu having hers out tomorrow?) you will be able to go in a lovely bath - it will be as delicious as chocolate the first time you have a gorgeous soak! Enjoy, bigsister x