Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Good news at last, at least it gives those of us who haven't been yet something to look forward to. Hopw I'm not disappointed LOL

Hi Flirtylass

Dont worry its not a back street butcher surgery. The hospital is large and is very clean.

They give you disolveable pain med and anti sickness tablets that melt on your tongue. I did try and take 1 pain tablet at the hotel but the taste made me gag so I havent taken any more since. You can crush some paracetamol and take it that way. I think I will do that in future. Your room at the hospital has an en-suit room which consisted of 1 toilet and 3 sinks (one for each patient). Everyone had a wash the day after surgery but you are allowed to shower when you get back to the hotel as the dressings your wearing over your stitches are waterproof. They give you some anticeptic liquid to wash your woulds with but they do not supply any more waterproof plasters so you will need to buy some of those for when you get home.

EnglishRose

Ah thanks again englishrose i think iv asked enough questions now i mite see if i can get a pill crusher cos i want to take my Vitamins for hair skin and nails im a beautician but my hair is my pride and joy and some people have lost a bit of hair so dont want that to happen im sure they would be ok to crush cos they are quite big and even broke in half dont think ya could swallow them... Hope ur keepin well... Think il join ww on thurs when im startin my pre op diet just to keep track of what im losin my best mates weddin is on 11th oct and i have to lose at least 2stone to get into dress so il do loads of exercise an be very good i hope it works lol

Hi Flirtylass

God I love this band. I have now lost 16 pounds (7 pre-op 9 since banded). I dont feel hungry at all. Im buying some Vitamins today too. Im a bit worried about losing my hair too. Good luck for losing 2 stone for the wedding, Im sure you will do it no problem. Once I have lost another stone Im going to start swimming, once the kids have gone back to school then the pool wont me packed.

HI, I'm at a stand still at the mo feel like i'm stuck in a rut can't seem to shift any weight, been like this for the last couple of months.

Have lost 5 stones but as taken me 2 years and now seems like I can eat loads. don't know if I should get some out or a fill have got 9 1/2cc in a 11cc band. Just gets you down!

Hi Elli

Well done on losing 5 stone, thats brilliant. Have you got much more to lose? The reason I ask is, if you are at your ideal weight its always harder to shift those last few pounds. Im only recently banded so cant answer whether you need a fill or unfill but I hope the scales start moving in the right direction soon.

Chin up

EnglishRose

Hi all,

Just to say that I asked Frederic when he visited the hotel about taking normal tablets as the soluble ones were making me gag. He said it's ok to take tablets as long as they are not too large. I have not needed much pain relief for band related pain but I have taken paracetamol for headaches since band with no problems.

For those worried about band op - don't - I am a week post op and feel fine. Still som e slight but very manageable gas pain in chest area but that is all. This is far outweighed by the fact I have lost 22lbs in total and can now begin to imagine being slim. Yippee!

Just wondered though....it says on info pack that blue stitch has to be removed. Do we have to go to GP for this?

Anyway, stay positive all,

XXx

Hi Flirtylass, just wanted to say thankyou for letting me have the telephone number and email address for Frederik. (My husband kept the card that Frederik gave me, and has now managed to lose it!) Hmmm wonder was that intentional????Kath.:blink:

No probs mooster glad to be of assistance haha everyone else gets the job of answering all my questions its nice to be able to answer one for a change...

Hi, Thanks for that but no i'm not at my ideal weight yet still got a few stones to go unfortunatly. A bit down with my lack of weight loss at the mo going to start going to a slimming club this week as its so easy to fall back into bad habits isnt it? Thinking of getting a fill but so close to been full its prob busting at the seems. Anyway, will give the slimming club a go and see was next week brings.

hello my names naomi im 25 and im goin to belguim on 23rd sept and being banded on the 24th sept was feeling okay a few weeks ago when i arranged it all but now with it getting closer everyday im starting to feel worried what if it doesnt work and im going to be fat forever but reading your posts on here you all seem to be doing realy well i have got about 5- 4 and half stone to loose because i have always been overweight just can not picture looking normal in my head, but reading posts on here has been great nice to read stories of people that have used dr chris i cant wait to get there and have it done meet dr chris and start loosing the last few weeks ive been eating for england i need to put a stop to that.

Hey naomi im 24 and im being banded on the 5th of september going over the 4th home the 7th so this day 2weeks il be on my way home im nervous as like u i was ok when i booked it but when i booked my flights an stuff it really felt real and the nerves kicked in big time i want to lose 8stone and like u i have ate all in front of me so much so i think il go on a liquid diet from tomorro till the op im so afraid my liver wont shrink im having slight panic attacks over it i also have to try cut down smoking and its the worst time ever to try and do that lol are u on bebo ar anything?

Hi Naomi, I too was banded by Dr Chris in Belgium on August 6th. Just wanted to put your mind at rest that you really have nothing to worry about. I only found this website the night before I set off, and it really helped as, like you, I had doubts about whether it would work or not! I think if you've been overweight all your life, you do wonder if anything will work for you, but IT DOES! I've managed to lose 13lbs in just over 2 weeks ( not brilliant, but at least its coming off).

Keep reading all the post's on here as there are some lovely people who will answer any questions or doubts you might have. AND Dr Chris and his team are all really nice, and will put you at ease!!!

Take care, Kath.:smile::biggrin:

Hi mooster/kath just wondering how u got on with ur pre op diet as u can see from my above post i havnt been doing too well and im now sweating im afraid iv messed everything up do u think if i went on a 10liquid diet id be ok

Ursula x

Hi Flirtylass, I didn't really stick to a rigid diet for the 2 week's before surgery. I cut out obvious "fatty" things like chocolate :smile: but that's about all! On the letter they gave me at the hospital it said on it that I had a slightly 'fatty liver', but that didn't stop them doing the surgery.Kath.:biggrin: