Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waiting still waiting

"Lord give me patience and HURRY IT UP!" I have know idea who said that but the phrase stuck with me. Lol. I'm waiting not so patiently to get the call that I'm approved and can schedule a surgery date!! In the meantime, I get on here to read the good, the bad, the ugly and mostly to see all of your before and after pics! After tonight's reading about someone's dreaded stall, a thought sparked. How often should we way ourselves? I know when I did weight watchers (all 700 times) I was told to way once a week. Is it hard not to become obsessed with the scale? Also, another question. Any veterans on here? I understand most people keep their weight off 1 year, what 3 years? 5 years? I know, I know, I know it's different for everyone and it depends on the lifestyle CHANGE. As much excited as I am for positive, healthy changes in my future, I have a little spec of worry that I might fail just like all my previous attempts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

"Lord give me patience and HURRY IT UP!" I have know idea who said that but the phrase stuck with me. Lol. I'm waiting not so patiently to get the call that I'm approved and can schedule a surgery date!! In the meantime, I get on here to read the good, the bad, the ugly and mostly to see all of your before and after pics! After tonight's reading about someone's dreaded stall, a thought sparked. How often should we way ourselves? I know when I did weight watchers (all 700 times) I was told to way once a week. Is it hard not to become obsessed with the scale? Also, another question. Any veterans on here? I understand most people keep their weight off 1 year, what 3 years? 5 years? I know, I know, I know it's different for everyone and it depends on the lifestyle CHANGE. As much excited as I am for positive, healthy changes in my future, I have a little spec of worry that I might fail just like all my previous attempts.

Well.. All the weight surgery is ,is another tool in weight lost. Your like me,i had the surgery But my old ways of eating are back. Its all mind set ,you have to work at it each day. So funny, I'm thinking of joining Weight Watchers, I had my sleeve done 3 years ago. Good luck... Keep moving forward

Sent from my VK815 using the BariatricPal App

I am 13 years out and maintained a 105 lb loss for 12 years. then my sister ( last living relative except for cousins with whom I am not close) died. this year I have put back on 20 lbs from night time poor me eating but thank GOD I woke up at 20 lbs. I started back to the support groups joined overeaters anon for the emotional eating and went back to the basics of the food program. I have taken off 15 lbs in two months and plan to get the rest off ( now that Christmas is over lol) yes it does work but it is a tool and I will always have a tendance to gain weight because I like the carbs best. if I stick to the rules I can keep the weight off

it is a lifestyle change and it must be followed for your lifetime. I weigh once per week because I am one of those people who eat to Celebrate if I lose and beat myself up if I gain or even stay the same. hope this helps and best of luck to you

Edited by Martha Parker-mcneal

Can I edit my post so I don't look like such a dumb ass for writing way instead of weigh? It's past my bedtime!!

Hi, yes hold down your message as to copy and paste but you will get the option to edit. I'm the same way:) lol

Also, I did Weight Watchers a few times too!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

When I hit my stall, weighing myself every day was driving me crazy. Up two pounds, down one pound, up one pound, down 2 pounds, etc. I have decided to weigh myself only on Monday mornings. No ore than that.

Don't get obsessed with the scale. It can be your friend or it can be your enemy.

Edited by Redmaxx

When I hit my stall, weighing myself every day was driving me crazy. Up two pounds, down one pound, up one pound, down 2 pounds, etc. I have decided to weigh myself only on Monday mornings. No ore than that.

Don't get obsessed with the scale. It can be your friend or it can be your enemy.

Since surgery I've only weighed myself on Thursday's and still do. Had a couple weeks at a stall so was throwing it out to the group being so new at this but agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

On 1/23/2017 at 10:53 AM, Martha Parker-mcneal said:

I am 13 years out and maintained a 105 lb loss for 12 years. then my sister ( last living relative except for cousins with whom I am not close) died. this year I have put back on 20 lbs from night time poor me eating but thank GOD I woke up at 20 lbs. I started back to the support groups joined overeaters anon for the emotional eating and went back to the basics of the food program. I have taken off 15 lbs in two months and plan to get the rest off ( now that Christmas is over lol) yes it does work but it is a tool and I will always have a tendance to gain weight because I like the carbs best. if I stick to the rules I can keep the weight off

it is a lifestyle change and it must be followed for your lifetime. I weigh once per week because I am one of those people who eat to Celebrate if I lose and beat myself up if I gain or even stay the same. hope this helps and best of luck to you

Thanks so much for sharing this. I needed the inspiration and honesty.