Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May need to have RNY now :( FRUSTRATED

I posted here a couple months ago about my struggle post sleeve surgery. Not able to take in more then 100 cals a day. Doctors said it will get better keep trying but also had scopes to rule out anything serious.

I am now 4mths post op and today the doctor thinks we should look at going the bypass route. I am up to 240 calories a day but it is a struggle. I push myself to take in as much as I can which then has me vomiting. They put me on 4 different types of meds which has not helped with the GERD or hiatus hernia. I still feel like my food sits in my chest just waiting to come back up. My work insurance will not allow me to go back to work and have put me on LTD because I am not healthy enough to do my job. So now I am financially put in a difficult situation as well.

I can't believe I'm in this situation this is not what I had planned. I'm now concerned if this is the route they are going to take I have to wait another 2 months for it to be done.

FRUSTRATED

So sorry to hear you are so sick with GERD Why would your work tell you not to come back to work? Why would another operation help, especially when your only 8 pounds from goal? Hope all goes well for you.

So sorry to hear you are so sick with GERD Why would your work tell you not to come back to work? Why would another operation help, especially when your only 8 pounds from goal? Hope all goes well for you.

Well, the insurance says 200 calories a day is not a sufficient amount to do the tasks to required. I get tired after my morning routine of getting my young 4 year old off to school then taking a shower I need to rest after I do all of that.

The surgeon said that often with Hiatus Hernia they will perform a bypass on individuals without obesity concerns to correct the issue. They are not doing the surgery so that I can loose more weight they are doing the surgery to try and correct the problem. The major issue with it though and the reason why they went with the sleeve surgery is that I have tremendous amounts of scar tissue which did not allow them to do the Roux-n-y to begin with so they are saying they will try but are not confident they will succeed. I really don't know what the outcome is going to be. I know I want my life back though I'm tired of waiting and putting my life on hold. Thanks for your kind words and support. On a positive note though one of the main reasons I went for this surgery was because of the sever back pain I lived with and I don't have any pain in my back now WOOHOOO. That makes me super happy :D

Sorry to hear that. Why would bypass help here better?

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

Hi painter88,

Thanks for your kind words.

They say that the bypass helps to relieve hiatus hernia's and GERD. You can also read my response below to another member.

Hope you have a wonderful day

Well, the insurance says 200 calories a day is not a sufficient amount to do the tasks to required. I get tired after my morning routine of getting my young 4 year old off to school then taking a shower I need to rest after I do all of that.

The surgeon said that often with Hiatus Hernia they will perform a bypass on individuals without obesity concerns to correct the issue. They are not doing the surgery so that I can loose more weight they are doing the surgery to try and correct the problem. The major issue with it though and the reason why they went with the sleeve surgery is that I have tremendous amounts of scar tissue which did not allow them to do the Roux-n-y to begin with so they are saying they will try but are not confident they will succeed. I really don't know what the outcome is going to be. I know I want my life back though I'm tired of waiting and putting my life on hold. Thanks for your kind words and support. On a positive note though one of the main reasons I went for this surgery was because of the sever back pain I lived with and I don't have any pain in my back now WOOHOOO. That makes me super happy :D

Thank you for explaining your situation. I had no idea that the RNY would correct the hernia and gerd problems you have. So glad to hear you no longer have the back problems. I live with L5, L4, L3, L2 disc problems so I know how bad back pain can be. I had the sleeve and my back Dr wants my excess skin removed before he will attempt to fix my back. Will being following your progress and hope this new surgery stops the current problems you are having and gets you back to living.