Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss vs inches lost

I cannot stress enough how important is to measure yourself. I had my surgery on 11/22. I decided to take my measurements prior to pre-op diet. I am coming up on my two month anniversary on Monday. I am excited to not only go down a pant size, but more importantly seeing the numbers drop. I hope this is motivational for our post-op peeps that are struggling with bring stagnant with weight loss. I have been stuck at the same number on the scale for over a week and it finally moved a pound down today! post-308143-14847905639228_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I also had surgery on 11/22. Thank you for sharing your success!

Thanks VS! ❤️! My hubby has been such a sport. ( I only think it has to do the boobs)! But seeing his face when there is a big jump is priceless! He does not allow me to look at it until he is done, but I can tell there is a major difference with his expressions!

Awwww thank you Carrie! I'm feeling better....finally! Thank you for the measurement idea! I didn't even think of it. Super happy to get into clothes that fit good and no more foot, knee and hip pain! Congrats to you too! Keep up the good work!

So happy to help V! You can try to guesstimate it by measuring your biggest pair of paints that you used to wear and measure a shirt that you use to wear or maybe still wear and put that against the measurements you have now. It may not be completely accurate, but it will give you an idea. I am going to experiment it tomorrow and see how it measure-ups. I'll let you know. I know there is tons of room now in the bigger pants where I used to fill them out.

Wow- we are close 10 days off... i have lost 27.9 lbs so far :-)! I had to go buy a few new pants... i am still struggling w/ shirt sizes.. but I fit into smaller coat sizes. Woman's cloths are so weird! I do most shopping from thrift stores cuz there is no way in hell I spending 30 to 40 bucks on jeans, and not have them fit 6 months out. I can spend that much at a thrift store and come back with a warbdrobe. Although burlington and foreman mills have decent prices that I don't mind.

Very good idea. Wish I had done that. I had the sleeve in October of 2015. For about 8 months now, I've stayed around 165, but my pants size has continued to get smaller. Would've been nice to have seen the numbers as well.

Sent from my SM-T580 using the BariatricPal App

Yes I said the same thing about inches VS weight loss I can tell in my inches more than weight I'm fitting clothes I couldn't get into a few months ago and I can tell in my face and other parts of my body that I'm slimming down..????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App